Release:2015, Vol. 1. №3(3)
About the author:Sergey N. Degtyarev,
Abstract:The article deals with the practice of updating didactic means in the system of school education, contributing to the solution of psychological-pedagogic problem of the increase of pupils' creative potential within solving the tasks of developing teaching. The aim of this research is the study of possibilities of logical-graphical means of testing in the structuring of pupils' knowledge, in the assessment of the degree of a concept structures formation, influencing the index of notion thinking development and creativity. It is supposed that tests, made in logical-graphical format, i. e. test-maps, contribute to the structuring and systematizing of pupils' knowledge, form concept structures, and reflect the contents of the studied school material. The peculiarities of structuring school information in pupils' minds were studied with the help of the method of semantic differential and map-representations. The participants were pupils of the 11 grade (101 people with 45 boys among them at the age of 16-17). The author of the article revealed accurate effect of influence of pupils' work with test-maps on the structural organization of their knowledge. In the experimental group statistically reliable differences were received (the level of importance is 0.001) according to the amount of material reflected in map-representations and in cluster diagrams of structured elements. A positive correlation between the results received with the help of maps and cluster diagrams was discovered. On the basis of this we can draw a conclusion that the structure of a map-representation, filled in by a pupil, reflects the structure of semantic spaces of key notions of the studied school material. Therefore, the information on formation of concept structures can be received with the help of logical-graphical representation. The use of tests, fulfilled in logical-graphical format, positively influences the formation of concept structures through the mechanisms of recognized and non-recognized perception of information that gives the right to refer them to the means of forming testing.
1. Degtyarev, S. N. Strategija obuchenija na osnove kreativnogo invarianta: monografija [Learning strategy based on creative invariant: a monograph]. Tyumen: Tyumen State University Publishing House, 2010. 84 p. (in Russian)
2. Egides, A. P., Egides E.M. Labirinty myshlenija, Ili uchenymi ne rozhdajutsja [Labyrinths of thought, or one is not born a scientist]. M.: AST-Press Kniga, 2006. 320 p. (in Russian).
3. Innovacionnye social’no-pedagogicheskie tehnologii v uslovijah modernizacii sovremennogo otechestvennogo obrazovanija: kollektivnaja monografi ja / pod obshh. red. V. I. Zagvjazinskogo [Innovative socio-educational technology in the modernization of modern national education: a collective monograph / edited by V. I. Zagvyazinsky]. Tyumen: Ltd «Pechatnik», 2013. 168 p. (in Russian).
4. Mental’naja reprezentacija: dinamika i struktura [Mental representations: dynamics and structure]. M.: Russian Academy of Sciences Institute for Psychology Publishing House, 1998. 320 p. (in Russian).
5. Mogil’naya T. Y. Logiko-grafi cheskoe strukturirovanie kak metod razvitija tvorcheskogo myshlenija [Logical and graphical structuring as a method of developing creative thinking]. Himija v shkole. № 5. 2013. Pp. 15-19. (in Russian).
6. Pedagogicheskij poisk / sost. I. N. Bazhenova [Teaching Search / сompiled by
I. N. Bazhenova]. M.: Education, 1987. 544 p. (in Russian).
7. Petrenko, V. F. Osnovy psihosemantiki [The basics of psychosemantics]. 3d ed. M.: Eksmo, 2010. 480 p. (in Russian).
8. Psihologija tvorchestva: shkola Ja.A. Ponomareva / Pod red. D.V. Ushakova. [Psychology of Creativity: School Y. A. Ponomarev / Edited by D.V. Ushakov]. M.: Russian Academy of Sciences Institute for Psychology Publishing House, 2006. 624 p. (in Russian).
9. Holodnaja, M. A. Psihologija ponjatijnogo myshlenija: Ot konceptual’nyh struktur k ponjatijnym sposobnostjam [Psychology of conceptual thinking: From conceptual structures to conceptual abilities]. M.: Russian Academy of Sciences Institute for Psychology Publishing House, 2012. 288 p. (in Russian).
10. Steinberg, V. E. Didakticheskaja mnogomernaja tehnologija + didakticheskij dizajn (poiskovye issledovanija): monografi ja [Didactic multidimensional technologies + didactic design (exploratory study): a monograph]. Ufa: Bashkir State Pedagogical University Publishing House, 2007. 136 p. (in Russian).
11. Buzan, T. The Mind Map Book. 2nd ed., London: BBC Books, 1995.
12. Degtyarev, S. N. Creativity and intuition in the aspect of developing teaching // The International Conference on the Transformation of Education. Vol. 2: 22-23 April 2013 held by SCIEURO in London, 2013. Pp. 54-61.
13. Eppler, M. J. A comparison between concept maps, mind maps, conceptual diagrams, and visual metaphors as complementary tools for knowledge construction and sharing. Information Visualization 2006. Pp. 202-210.
14. Novak, J. D. Learning, Creating, and Using Knowledge: Concept Maps as Facilitative Tools in Schools and Corporations. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates: Mahwah, NJ, 1998.
15. Novak, J. D., Canas, A. J. The Theory Underlying Concept Maps and How to Construct and Use Them, Technical Report IHMC CmapTools 2006-01 Rev 01-2008, Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, 2008. URL: http://cmap.ihmc/us/Publications/ResearchPapers/TheoryUnderlyingConceptMaps.pdf.
16. Wheeldon, J., Faubert, J. Framing Experience: Concept Maps, Mind Maps, and Data Collection in Qualitative Research. International Journal of Qualitative Methods 2009.
Pp. 68-83. URL: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0