Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Gennady S. Zaitsev,
Abstract:This article dwells on participation of the Siberians (including “temporary ones”) in World War II. It’s not only about their participation in the fighting in the European part of Russia and in the liberation of Central Europe. It’s also about military action in Siberia during 1942-1944 years (north of the Tyumen Region and the Krasnoyarsk Territory — the right flank of the Arctic Front), where Russians, Nenets and “Soviet” Germans participated. During the military operations, Kriegsmarine ships sailed in Soviet Arctic, their sailors fired the coast, pursued Soviet vessels, and landed on the shore of the Yamal Peninsula. Each of these groups was in one form or another, but a party of a dialogue of cultures. The specifics of the dialog of culture was in process of interaction, when appeared new phenomena, which impacted all participants (directly or indirectly). All participants (Russian, Nenets, “Soviet” Germans, prisoners of war, Kriegsmarine’s sailors) exchanged in general utilitarian products of their cultures, because of war. “Dead road” is both a fact and an image.
1. Kraj Zemli, ustremljonnyj v budushhee [Land’s Edge, that strives into the future].
Yar-Sale; SPb., 2005. 240 p. (in Russian)
2. Krasnojar’e: pjat’ vekov istorii. Uchebnoe posobie po kraevedeniju. Ch. II [Krasnoyarye:
five centuries of history. Tutorial on local history. Part II]. Krasnoyarsk, 2006. (in Russian)
3. Krikunov, P. Kazaki. Mezhdu Stalinym i Gitlerom. Krestovyj pohod protiv bol’shevizma
[Cossacks. Between Stalin and Hitler. Crusade against Bolshevism]. M.: Yauza: Eksmo, 2006.
608 p. (in Russian)
4. Petrie, L. O., Petrie, V. T. Nemcy Tajmyra [The Germans of Taimyr]. M., 2006.
5. Pribylsky, Y. P. Rybnoe hozjajstvo Ob’-Irtysh’ja v XX veke [Fisheries in the Ob-Irtysh
area in the XX century]. M.: Nauka, 2008. 235 p. (in Russian)
6. Shirokorad, A. B. Bitva za Russkuju Arktiku [Battle for the Russian Arctic]. M., 2008.
7. Jamal: jenciklopedija: v 3 t. T. 2. [Yamal: Encyclopedia: 3 v. Vol. 2. Tyumen; Salekhard,
2004. (in Russian)
8. Istorija Jamala: v 2-h tomah [Yamal history: in 2 volumes] / Edited by V. V. Alexeev.
Ekaterinburg: Basco, 2010. T. II. Jamal sovremennyj. Kn. I. U istokov modernizacii. Vol. II.
modern-day Yamal. Book. I. At the root of the modernization] / Edited by K. I. Zubkov. 368 p. (in Russian)
9. Zaitsev, G. S. Istorija Pujkovskogo rybozavoda (kratkij istoricheskij ocherk) [The history of Puykovskii fishery (a brief historical essay)]. M.: Epoch, 2011. 160 p. (in Russian)
10. Gritsenko, V., Kalinin, V. 501/503. Istorija “mertvoj dorogi” [The history of the “dead road”]. Ekaterinburg: Basco, 2010. 240 p. (in Russian)
11. Golovnyov, A. V., Zaytsev, G. S. “Istorija Jamala” [“Yamal history”] / Edited by V. I . Vasiliev. Tobolsk; Yar-Sale, 1992. (in Russian)