Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Galina V. Telegina,
Abstract:Basing on the experience of Tyumen State University, the authors are analyzing the role of the EU Program Tempus in the modernization and internationalization of Higher Education in Russia. Participation of Tyumen State University in international cooperation programs confirms that international educational and research projects, expansion of academic exchange and involving foreign students and teachers become a “school” for internationalization process, create a modern educational environment which forms modern mentality of teaching staff and students, and develop intercultural competence. International projects form the basis for the development of bilateral relations at international and domestic levels, expand the possibilities of financing research work and, ultimately, promote improvement of the quality of higher education and become a platform for further innovation. European Tempus program in this context has an important mission of not just a financial instrument for the modernization of educational technologies, but also plays the role of a powerful moral impetus for further internationalization of national high school, contributing ultimately to integration, harmony and mutual understanding. The project envisages training of foreign language teachers from universities participating in the project in innovative methods of teaching with extensive use of online technologies, the creation of the necessary material and educational base, and the development of practice-oriented master’s programs for teacher training schools.
1. Chugrov, S. Globalizacija, modernizacija ili internacionalizacija? // Mirovaja jekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija [Globalization, modernization and internationalization? // World Economy and International Relations]. 2002. № 4. Pp. 19–21.(in Russian)
2. K night, J. ‘HE in turmoil: the changing world of internationalization’, in Altbach, G., Ph.(Ed.): Global Perspectives on HE, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, 2008.
3. Telegina, G. V. Internacionalizacija vysshej shkoly: stihijnyj process ili politicheskoe reshenie? // Materialy Vserossijskogo sociologicheskogo kongressa, 2-4 fevralja 2012 [Internationalization of Higher School: spontaneous process or a political decision? // Proceedings of the All-Russian Congress of Sociology, 2-4 February 2012]. Pp. 1153-1154. URL: http://www.all-russia-sc.ru/netcat_files/File/Part18.pdf (in Russian)
4. K ehm, B. and Teichler, U. ‘Research on internationalisation in HE’, Journal of Studies in International Education. 2007. № 11. Pр. 260–273.
5. Telegina, G. V. “Obrazovanie v techenie zhizni”: institualizacija v evropejskom kontekste i ee ocenka // Kljucharev G. A. i dr. Nepreryvnoe obrazovanie v politicheskom i jekonomicheskom kontekstah. Koll. Monografija [“Education for Life”: institutionalization in the European context and its assessment // Klyucharev G. A. and others. Continuing education in the political and economic contexts. Coll. Monograph]. M.: IS RAN, 2008. P. 21. (in Russian)
6. O programme Tempus (sajt Ispolnitel’nogo Agentstva Evrokomissii dlja upravlenija programmoj Tempus), On the Tempus program (the site of the Executive Agency of the European Commission to manage the Tempus program). URL: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/tempus/programme/about_tempus_ru.php (in Russian)
7. Telegina, G. V., Shtykova, N. V. Regional’nyj institut mezhdunarodnogo sotrudnichestva: novye grani vzaimodejstvija universiteta i regiona [Regional Institute of International Cooperation: new aspects of interaction] // Tyumen State University Herald. 2005.№ 3. Pp. 229-236. (in Russian)
8. R ukovodstvo po razrabotke regional’noj kvalifikacionnoj ramki po jekologii i prirodopol’zovaniju. Koll. Monografija. Tjumen’ [A Guide to Developing Regional Qualifications Framework for Ecology and the Environment. Coll. Monograph]. Tyumen State University publishing house, 2012. 237 p. (in Russian)
9. Telegina, G. V. Universitet i rynok truda: vklad evropejskih proektov v podgotovku kachestvennyh specialistov po jekologii // Jekologicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii i za rubezhom: osobennosti podgotovki konkurentosposobnyh specialistov. 21-22 aprelja 2011 [University and the labor market: the contribution of European projects in the preparation of high-quality specialists in ecology // Environmental education in Russia and abroad:features of training competitive specialists. 21-22 April 2011]. Omsk, 2011. Pp. 5-12.(in Russian)
10. Artamonova, Ju. D. Sovmestnye obrazovatel’nye programmy: sostojanie, problemy, perspektivy [Joint educational programs: status, problems and prospects]. URL: http://www.almavest.ru/ru/favorite/2011/11/24/261/ (in Russian)