The article is concerned with the problem of professionalism and
corporatism correlation both in historical and logical aspects. The research is carried
out in the ethical context. Thus, traditional problems of labor and professional morals,
and also standards of corporate ethics, developing in the society, function as specific
markers to identify modern public and labor situation. In particular, the choice of a work
place either in a corporation or in a professional group is treated sometimes as the
choice between service and ministry, that gains a character of moral choice. Therefore,
the article accentuates not only a direct conflict of social indicators of professionalism
and corporatism, but also their indirect interaction. The organization phenomenon
acts as an intermediary in this case. The organizational nature of corporatism and
professionalism allows to consider them not as an opposition of fundamental ethical
principles, but as “morals minimum”
1. Plutarch. Sravnitel’nye zhizneopisaniia v trekh tomakh. T. 1 [Numa XVII Plutarch’s
Lives. Vol. 1. Numa XVII]. Moscow, 1961. 505 p. (in Russian).
2. Spenser, G. Sinteticheskaia filosofiia [Synthetic philosophy]. Kiev, 1997. 375 p.
3. Durkheim, D.E. O razdelenii obshchestvennogo truda. Metod sotsiologii [The division
of labour in society. The rules of sociological method]. Moscow, 1990. 575 p. (in Russian).
4. Abramov, R.N. Professional complex in a social society structure (T. Parsons’s works).
Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniia — Sociological Researches. 2005. № 1. Pp. 54–67.
5. Hegel, G.W.F. Filosofiia prava [Elements of the Philosophy of Right]. Moscow, 1990.
524 p. (in Russian).
6. Slovar’ russkogo iazyka: V 4-kh t. T. 2 [Dictionary of the Russian language in 4 vol.
Vol. 2]. Moscow, 1986. 736 p. (in Russian).
7. Bol’shoi illiustrirovannyi slovar’ inostrannykh slov [The big illustrated dictionary
of foreign words]. Moscow, 2002. 960 p. (in Russian).
8. Tolkovyi slovar’ russkogo iazyka [Explanatory dictionary of the Russian language].
Moscow, 2003. 1582 p. (in Russian).
9. Bakshtanovskii, V.I., Sogomonov, Iu.V. Spirit of corporation: moral oppositions. Etika
uspekha: Vestnik issledovatelei, konsul’tantov, LPR. Dukh korporatsii — Ethics of Success:
Bulletin of researchers, consultants, decision-makers. 1995. № 4. Pp. 4–10. (in Russian).
10. Apresian, R.G. Corporatism. Experience of social-ethical analysis. Etika uspekha:
Vestnik issledovatelei, konsul’tantov, LPR. Dukh korporatsii — Ethics of Success: Bulletin
of researchers, consultants, decision-makers. 1995. № 4. Pp. 10–15. (in Russian).
11. Prigozhin, A.I. Organizatsii: sistemy i liudi. Effektivnost’ trudovykh organizatsii
v sotsial’nom obshchestve [Organizations: systems and people. Efficiency of labor organizations in social society]. Moscow, 1983. 176 p. (in Russian).