About the author:
Andrey A. Lymar, Head of the Department of Grants and Contracts, Tyumen State University
The article considers the development of myth and mythologization
process as social phenomena. There are two modern approaches which study the origins
of the concept and the phenomenon: physiological approach based on the concepts
of C.G. Jung and E. Cassirer and historic-semiotic approach based on the concepts
of R. Barthes. It is concluded, that these approaches are incompatible and it is impossible
to combine different theories and that is quite typical for modern science. The author
focuses attention that these are two different phenomena which can be used in one
applied problem, but they are of different nature. It is stated that R. Barthes’s theory
is the most effective for historical science as it allows analyzing the processes in
a historical context rather than using an ordinary set of archetypes formed in primitive
society to explain their nature.
1. Shestov, N.I. Politicheskii mif teper' i prezhde [Political myth: past and present].
Moscow, 2005. 414 p. (in Russian).
2. Tikhonova, S.V. Ontological character of the myth. Filosofiia i obshchestvo —
Philosophy and Society. 2008. № 3. Pp. 48. (in Russian).
3. Borko, T.I. Semiotic conceptions of the myth. Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo
universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2004. № 2. Pp. 105–110. (in Russian).
4. Kirilenko, E.I. R. Barthes and M. Eliade: two approaches to interpretation of the myth.
Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Bulletin of Tomsk State University.
2007. № 297. Pp. 66-70. (in Russian).
5. Cassirer, E. The technique of the modern political myths. Vestnik MGU. Ser. 7, Filosofiia.
— Bulletin of Moscow State University. Philosophy. 1990. № 2. Pp. 60. (in Russian).
6. Jung, C.G. Psikhologiia bessoznatel'nogo [Psychology of the unconscious]. Moscow,
2001. 397 p. (in Russian).
7. Tsuladze, A. Politicheskaia mifologiia [Political mythology]. Moscow, 2003. 384 p.
8. Barthes, R. Mifologii [Mythologies]. М., 2008. 384 p. (in Russian).
9. Barthes, R. Essais critiques. Paris, 1964. (in French). URL: http://ae-lib.org.ua/texts/
barthes__essais_critiques__fr.htm#28. (accessed date: 05.12.13).
10. Akhmanov, A.S. Logicheskoe uchenie Aristotelia [Logic of Aristotle]. Moscow, 2002.
312 p. (in Russian).
11. Aquinas, T. Sochineniia [Essays]. Moscow, 2013. 264 p. (in Russian).
12. Voltaire. Bog i liudi [God and Peoples]. Moscow, 2010. 368 p. (in Russian).
13. Descartes, R. Rassuzhdenie o metode, chtoby verno napravliat' svoi razum i otyskivat'
istinu v naukakh i drugie filosofskie raboty [The method to conduct one's reason and to seek
the truth in sciences]. Moscow, 2011. 336 p. (in Russian).
14. Bacon, F. Novyi Organon [Novum Organum Scientiarum]. Moscow, 2002.
15. Dubost, J-F. Les stéréotypes nationaux à l’époque moderne (vers 1500 — vers 1800)
Mélanges de l’Ecole française de Rome. Italie et Méditerranée T. 111. № 2. 1999. Pp. 667-682.
16. Marx, K., Engels, F. Soch. T. 3 [Essays. Vol. 3]. Мoscow, 1955. 650 p. (in Russian).
17. Gramsci, А. Izbrannye proizvedeniia [Selection]. Moscow, 1980. 422 p. (in Russian).
18. Althusser, L. On Ideology. London: Verso, 2008. 179 p.
19. Lukács, G. Politicheskie teksty [Political texts]. Moscow, 2006. 336 p. (in Russian).