The axiological subject is a system of values. Since values are any
symbols of the representation (all of them have their affective meanings), the problem
is to correlate the typology of values and to establish a hierarchy of their types. There
are three types of values: the values-concepts, the substantive values and the valuescharacteristic
features, which organize the representation, turning it into a holistic
gestalt. The values-concepts are of secondary nature to the substantive values, since
they are the result of the rational inductive generalization. Moreover, they are caused
by the language and already bear the fundamental traits of the culture that generated
them. The values-concepts of various cultures are fundamentally different, although
they may be denoted by the same terms, which make them unsuitable for understanding
the specifics of the culture. The values-characteristic features, for one, are primary ones
with respect to the substantive values, the meaning of which is defined by their place
in the structure of the representation formed by the system of characteristic features.
1. Peirce, Ch.S. Nachala pragmatizma [Pragmatism fundamentals]. St-Petersburg, 2000.
352 p. (in Russian).
2. Giddens, A. Ustroenie obshchestva: Ocherk teorii strukturatsii [The constitution
of society. Outline of the theory of structuration]. Moscow, 2005. 528 p. (in Russian).
3. Rand, A. Romanticheskii manifest: Filosofiia literatury [The Romantic Manifesto.
A Philosophy of literature]. Moscow, 2011. 199 p. (in Russian).
4. Kant, I. Kritika prakticheskogo razuma [Critique of practical reason]. St-Petersburg:
Nauka, 1995. 528 p. (in Russian).
5. Kluckhohn, C. Zerkalo dlia cheloveka. Vvedenie v antropologiiu [Mirror for man.
The relation of anthropology to modern life]. St-Petersburg, 1998. 352 p. (in Russian).
6. Archer, M. Realism and morphogenesis / In: Teoriia obshchestva. Sbornik
[The Theory of Society: Digest]. Moscow, 1999. Pp. 157-195. (in Russian).
7. Schütz, A. The social world and the theory of social action / In: Izbrannoe: Mir,
svetiashchiisia smyslom [Selected papers: The world, glowing sense]. Moscow, 2004.
Pp. 97-115. (in Russian).
8. Value orientation Rokeach test. URL: http://azps.ru/tests/tests_rokich.html
9. Triandis, G.K. Kul'tura i sotsial'noe povedenie [Culture and social behavior]. Moscow,
2007. 384 p. (in Russian).
10. Hartmann, N. Etika [Ethics]. St-Petersburg, 2002. 712 p. (in Russian).