In the process of painting evolution a gradual shift of emphasis
from description of a piece towards its expression has appeared. But expression
is heterogeneous and depends on which kind of pictorial art we deal with. Landscape
painting expresses an individual inspiration of an artist and mentality of his nation.
Individual expression requires a thorough work on a picture to make it homogeneous,
narrow enough to percept. Social expression needs to use general cultural symbols
to make a reference towards some public values. National identity of an artist also
is reflected through the mirror of his creations. In still-life painting the social can express
world vision of a social group by means of poetizing of its routine symbols as well.
In respect to his nation the artist turns to be a mediator, expressing its values and making
them available in meaning for next generations. Society cannot create for itself, so the
mediator, acknowledged by the rest, can only accomplish public self-expression.
1. Iskusstvo moderna [Art of Modern]. Мoscow, 2012. 384 p. (in Russian).
2. Gusakova T.F. Visual Feelings in Aesthetic Perception (Aesthetic Eye) //
Jesteticheskaja antropologija [Aesthetic Anthropology]. Tyumen, 2007. Pp. 197–209.
3. Jenciklopedicheskij slovar' zhivopisi: Zapadnaja zhivopis' ot srednih vekov do
nashih dnej [Encyclopaedia of Paintings: Western Painting from the Middle Ages till
Nowadays]. Мoscow, 1997. 1152 p. (in Russian).
4. Shherbinin, M.N. Iskusstvo i filosofija v genezise smysloobrazovanija (Opyt
jesteticheskoj antropologii) [Art and Philosophy in Genesis of Meaning-Making]. Tyumen,
2005. 312 p. (in Russian).
Индивидуальная и социальная выразительность ...
5. Shherbinin, M.N. Aesthetic and Anthropological Existence of Society. Vestnik
Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2009.
№ 5. Series «Pedagogy. Psychology. Philosophy». Pp. 190–199. (in Russian).
6. Kolchanova, E.A. Holland Still-Life as Collaboration of a man with the Environment
// Jestetiko-antropologicheskoe bytie sociuma [Aesthetic and Anthropological Existence
of Society]. Tyumen, 2010. Pp. 149–163. (in Russian).
7. Shherbinin, M.N. Figural character of Sociality: Aesthetic-anthropologic Search.
Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald.
2011. № 10. Series «Philosophy». Pp. 6–15. (in Russian).
8. Murav'ev, I.B. Idea of a man as a Cultural Subject // «Sobiranie» smysla cherez
raznoobrazie form evropejskoj kul'tury [«Gathering» of a Meaning through Diversity
of European Culture Forms]. Tyumen, 2002. Pp. 83–91. (in Russian).
9. Pavlovskij, A.I. The Mediator in Translating System of Cultural Values //
Jesteticheskaja antropologija v sisteme jekologicheskogo vospitanija [Aesthetic
Anthropology in the Framework of Ecological Education]. Tyumen, 2011. Pp. 95–101.
10. Pavlovskij, A.I. Introduction to metaphysics of Human Self // Filosofija i kul'tura
[Philosophy and Culture]. Tyumen, 2001. Pp. 130–170. (in Russian).