Release:Vesntik TSU. Philology. 2014
About the author:Tatyana A. Gallyamova, Post-Graduate Student, Department of Russian Literature, Institute of Philology and Journalism, Tyumen State University; email@example.com
Abstract:The author describes the image of “deaf Rus” as one of the fundamental patterns characterizing the space of the Russian earth; main meanings of conception “deaf Rus” in literary tradition and in the novel “The life of Arsenev” are found out; features of Bunin’s interpretation are investigated. “Deaf Rus” is represented as an object that we are impressed by and the subject that has its own emotions and can influence a person. It proves the ambivalence of the image of “deaf Rus” that can be at the same time alive and empty, abundant; merry and sad; simple, clear and dark, mysterious; wide, free and close, “own” and “alien”. Peculiarities of Bunin’s word are shown in the work, poetics of feelings is in the center of attention, spatial thought of an author is analyzed, the question about national originality and autobiographical character of the novel are actual. Poetics of feelings is shown brightly in the description of the Russian earth as natural beginning.
1. Dal', V.I. Tolkovyj slovar' zhivogo velikorusskogo jazyka: v 2 tt. T. 2 [Explanatory Dictionary of Russian in 2 vol. Vol. 2]. Moscow, 1990. P. 56. (in Russian).
2. Mal'cev, Ju. Ivan Bunin (1870-1953) [Ivan Bunin (1870-1953)]. Moscow, 1994. 432 p.(in Russian).
3. Bunin, I.A. Zhizn' Arsen'eva. Junost': sobr. soch. v 6 tt. T. 5. [Life of Arsenyev. Youth: Works in 6 vol. Vol. 5]. Moscow, 1988. Pp. 7-251. (in Russian).
4. Mihajlov, O.N. Zhizn' Bunina. Lish' slovu zhizn' dana… [Life of Bunin. Only the word has been given life...]. Moscow, 2001. 520 p.
5. Berdjaev, N.A. Soul of Russia // Sud'ba Rossii [The fate of Russia]. Moscow, 1990. 383 p. (in Russian).
6. Epshtejn M.N. Priroda, mir, tajnik vselennoj… [Nature, the world, the secrets of the universe...]. Moscow, 1990. Pp. 28-40. (in Russian).
7. Prashheruk, N.V. Hudozhestvennyj mir prozy I.A. Bunina: jazyk prostranstva [The artistic world of prose by I.A. Bunin: the language of space]. Ekaterinburg, 1999. 254 p. (in Russian).
8. Il'in, I. O t'me i prosvetlenii. Kniga hudozhestvennoj kritiki. Bunin. Remizov. Shmelev [On darkness and enlightenment. Book of art criticism. Bunin. Remizov. Shmelev]. Moscow, 1991. Pp. 25-78. (in Russian).
9. Ertner, E.N. Fenomenologija provincii v russkoj proze konca XIX — nachala XX veka [Phenomenology province in Russian prose late XIX — early XX century]. Tyumen, 2005. 212 p. (in Russian).
10. Bashljar, G. Izbrannoe. Pojetika prostranstva [Selected. The Poetics of Space]. Moscow, 2004. 376 p. (in Russian).