Release:Vesntik TSU. Philology. 2013
About the author:Sofia а. Pushmina,
Abstract:The purpose of this paper is to study “deixis” based on the realistic novel by Gustave Flaubert «Madame Bovary». The present article is a reflection of the increased interest in the problems of language modeling of textual worlds. The author uses scientific and special methods and techniques, and methods of the component, text, stylistic and conceptual analysis. In this work, there are different levels of linguistic means that decode textual world of the protagonist. In order to follow the implementation of the fiction world, the author has a number of procedures. Existing points of view on the theory of deixis, deictic categories are collected and organized, the technique of “entry” into the multiworld of the protagonist is defined. A considerable attention is paid to the deictic categories, which are original contours of the world of Emma Bovary.
1. Werth, P. «How to build a world (in a lot less than six days, and using onlywhat´s in your head»/ New essays in deixis. Discourse, narrative, literature. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 1995. 200 p.
2. Russel, B. Language and Linguistic theory. London: Biddles Ltd., 2007. 175 p.
3. Fillmore, Ch.J. Towards a descriptive framework for spatial deixis. Speech, Space and Action: Studies in Deixis and Related topics; eds. R. Jarvella, W. Klein. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 1982. P. 31-59.
4. Rauh, G. Aspects of Deixis. Essays on Deixis; ed. G. Rauh. Tübingen: Narr, 1983. P. 9-60.
5. Bjuler, K. Teorija jazyka [Theory of language]. Moscow: Progress publ., 1995 (in Russian).
6. Bondarenko, O.G. Funkcional'no-semanticheskoe pole dejksisa v sovremennom anglijskom jazyke. Diss kand. [Functional and semantic field of deixis in the modern English language. and. diss.]. Rostov-on-Don, 1998 (in Russian).
7. Levinson, S.C. Pragmatics. Cambridge, 1983.
8. Apresjan, Ju.D. Leksicheskaja semantika: Sinonimicheskie sredstva jazyka [Lexical Semantics: Synonymic means of language]. Moscow: Nauka publ., 1974 (in Russian).
9. Srebrjanskaja, N.A. Narrative deixis and its correlation to fiction text categories. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta — Tomsk State Pedagogical University Bulletin. 2005. Issue No. 3 (47). Series: Humanities (Philology). P. 69-73 (in Russian).
10. Flaubert, G. Madame Bovary. Moscow, 1974. 500 с.