Release:Vesntik TSU. Philology. 2013
About the author:Sergey A. Komarov, Dr. Sci. (Philol.), Professor, Department of Russian and Foreign Literature, University of Tyumen; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:In the present article for the first time Biblical axiological and artistic bases of the first censored edition of the literary fairy tale by Ershov “The Little Humpbacked Horse” come to light in detail, as the most significant layer of these signs is described. The author offers the concept of the historico-philosophical nature of creation made by the young Siberian writer. Ershov’s dialogical polemics with Pushkin texts is considered to be a design feature of the genre and substantial solution of an aesthetic aim. The age and educational and professional choice of the nineteen-year-old student of the Imperial University are defined in the article as essential reference points of reconstruction in the plan of the fairy tale. The priority of Ershov’s knowledge of the Biblical text is considered to be the natural standard of culture of the Russian gymnasium, university and spiritual and civil education together with the well-known religious and personal tendencies of the artist. The author considers popularity of the Ershov’s fairy tale in Russia to be conditioned by it being a natural retranslator of a valuable and figurative system of Biblical worldview in democratically wide layers of the reading orthodox country, as one of sources of maintenance of its religious and spiritual system throughout nearly two centuries. In correspondence of the artistic message of the Ershov’s fairy tale with the matrix bases of mass readers’ religious consciousness of Russia it is seen, along with other factors, as a secret of steady popularity of this text which has become really the national one.
1. Jaroslavcov, A.K. Petr Pavlovich Ershov, avtor skazki «Konek-gorbunok». Biograficheskie vospominanija universitetskogo tovarishha ego [Petr Pavlovich Yershov, the Author of the Fairy-Tale “The Little Hump-Backed Horse”. Biographical Notes of His University Fellow].Saint-Petersburg: V. Demakov’s Typography, 1872. 214 p. (in Russian)
2. Pushkin, A.S. Polnoe sobranie sochinenij [Complete Works]. 10 volumes. 4th volume. Moscow: USSR Academy of Science publishers, 1957. 596 p. (in Russian)
3. Ershov, P.P. Konek-Gorbunok [The Little Hump-Backed Horse] First censored edition. Moscow. Sampo publ., 1997. 248 p. (in Russian)
4. Lupanova, I.P. Russkaja narodnaja skazka v tvorchestve pisatelej pervoj poloviny XIX veka [Russian Folklore Fairy-Tale in Works of Writers of the First Half of XIX Century]. Petrozavodsk, 1959. Pp. 208–285 (in Russian).
5. Komarov, S.A. The Concept of Human Spirit Formation in the P.P. Yershov Fairy- Tale “The Little Hump-Backed Horse”. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2006. No. 1. P. 21–26 (in Russian).
6. Komarov, S.A. About the literariness of the first censored edition of the P.P. Yershov fairy tale “The Little Hump-Backed Horse”. Literatura Urala: istorija i sovremennost' — Literature of the Urals: the Past and the Present. 6 issue: Historic and Cultural Landscape of the Urals: Literature, Ethnos, Authorities. Yekaterinburg: Ural State University publ., 2011. P. 312–318 (in Russian).
7. Ablesimov, A.O. The miller — a sorcerer, a liar and a match-maker. Stihotvornaja komedija, komicheskaja opera, vodevil' konca XVIII—nachala XIX veka — Verse Comedy, Comical Opera, Vaudeville at the End of XVIII—the Beginning of XIX Century. 2 vol. Leningrad: Sovetskij pisatel', 1990. Vol. 1. P. 191–220 (in Russian).
8. Rogacheva, N.A. Historical allusions in the P.P. Yershov fairy-tale “Konyok-Gorbunok”. Literatura Urala: istorija i sovremennost' — Literature of the Urals: the Past and the Present. 1 issue. Yekaterinburg: Ural Department of the Russian Academy of Science; The Common Museum of Russian Writers of the Ural Region; AMB publ., 2006. P. 210–218 (in Russian).
9. Tynjanov, Ju.N. Pushkin i ego sovremenniki [Pushkin and His Contemporaries]. Moscow: Nauka publ., 1969. 424 p. (in Russian)
10. Dracheva, S.O., Medvedev A.A., Rogacheva N.A. Historical dynamics of poetic imagery in Siberian text of Russian lyric poetry of XVIII – beginning of XX century. Vestnik Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2012. No. 1. P. 126-134 (in Russian).