About the authors:
Tatyana A. Fisher,
Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Researcher, Tyumen Science Center, Russian Academy of Sciences (Siberian branch)
Sergey A. Petrov,
Dr. Sci. (Med.), Professor, Head of Department of the Reproductive Systems of Cryosphere, Tyumen Science Center, Russian Academy of Sciences (Siberian branch)
Evgueniy L. Dotsenko,
Dr. Psychol. Sci., Professor, Head of the Department of General and Social Psychology, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogics, Tyumen State University
Tatyana А. Malyarchuk,
Student, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogics, Tyumen State University
The article is devoted to the evaluation of psychological variables that
characterize successful or not successful swims with high physical, mental and thermal
loads in the winter marathon distance of 101 km and duration of 42.5 hours. Some
changes in emotional state and psychophysical stress were identified at different stages
of the marathon. The participants were divided into groups depending on the experience
of winter swimming. It was found out that people with little experience in winter
swimming (experience from 1 year to 2 years) should avoid high psychophysiological
stress as they have not yet reached the optimum of psychophysiological reactions
to stress. Experience time from 3 to 8 years is most optimal for hard sporting loads
in the winter swimming. Experienced “Polar Bears” (with experience more than 10 years)
should be careful to deal with their psychophysiological resources. They should better
be instructors, supervisors, “on-the-field coaches”, but not the main “fighters”.
1. Katsiuba, E.A, Solonin, Iu.G. Thermoregulation and blood circulation of middle-aged
people during short-term extremal temperature influence. Fiziologiia cheloveka — Human
Physiology. 2003. Vol. 29. № 2. Pp. 67-74. (in Russian).
2. Filimonov, V.I. Rukovodstvo po obshchei i klinicheskoi fiziologii [A Guide to General
and Clinical Physiology]. Moscow, 2002. 958 p. (in Russian).
3. Dotsenko, E.L. Psychic and immune «price» of coping / In: Materialy III
Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Psikhologiia stressa i sovladaiushchego
povedeniia» [Proceedings of the 3d International Scientific and Practical Conf. “Psychology
of Stress and Coping Behavior”]. Kostroma, 2013. P. 93. (in Russian).
4. Fisher, T.A. Coping «on credit»: winter swimming as a postponed addiction / In:
Materialy III Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Psikhologiia stressa
i sovladaiushchego povedeniia» [Proceedings of the 3d International Scientific and Practical
Conference “Psychology of Stress and Coping Behavior”]. Kostroma, 2013. P. 148.
5. Fisher, T.A. Psychological and immune responses to short-term exposure to cold.
Vestnik Ural'skoi meditsinskoi akademicheskoi nauki — Bulletin of the Ural Medical
Academic Science. 2012. № 4. Pp. 66-67. (in Russian).
6. Fisher, T.A., Petrov, S.A. Impact of stress load on the immune and psychological
characteristics. Vestnik Ural'skoi meditsinskoi akademicheskoi nauki — Bulletin of the
Ural Medical Academic Science. 2012. № 4. Pp. 65-66. (in Russian).
7. Fetiskin, N.P. On increasing effectiveness of psycho-diagnostics of emotional states
/ In: Diagnostika i reguliatsiia emotsional'nykh sostoianii. Sbornik materialov
Vsesoiuznogo simpoziuma. Ch. 1 [Diagnostics and Regulation of Emotional States.
Proceedings of the All-Union Symposium. Chapter 1]. Moscow, 1990. (in Russian).
8. Liusher, M. Tsvetovoi test Liushera [Lüscher Color Test]. Moscow; St-Petersburg,
2005. 190 p. (in Russian).
9. Nemchin, T.A. Metodika izmereniia nervno-psikhicheskogo napriazheniia pri
pomoshchi oprosnika. Psikhicheskie sostoianiia [The Procedure of Measuring Neuropsychic
Tension with the Help of a Questionnaire. Mental States]. Leningrad, 1981. 24 p.
10. Dotsenko, E., Bogdanova, M., Fisher, T., Petrov, S., Suhovey, Y. Synchronization
of immune and psychic systems associated with social stress. Proc. International Conf. on Integration and Innovation in Science and Education. Аpril 7-14. Prague, Czech Republic. 2013. Pp. 324-328. URL: www.cbuni.cz