About the author:
Rayshat I. Pogorova,
Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Ingush State University (Nazran)
The research is devoted to the verification of hypothesis that positive
dynamics of personal maturity is more expressed in students of psychology as compared
to students of other professions during the university education. Some factors of personal
growth are discussed: motivational support, information and skills equipment and
student activity due to the facilitated transformation of self.
In the empirical investigation there were 483 university students of different
professions and years of study involved. The results show that the period of university
education is associated with the personal development of students. Students
of psychology show more changes in the direction of personal maturity than students
of other professions. Psychology students in different universities show varying degrees
of changes in the time of university education in the direction of personal maturity that
are conditioned by different cultural contexts of the universities, different concepts
of training, specific teacher qualification.
1. Grashchenko, D.Iu. Motivatsiia vybora professii psikhologa (dass. kand.) [Motivation
of Choosing Profession of a Psychologist (Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Krasnodar, 2003. 217 p.
2. Iakimova, P.Iu. Motivation of learning and career choice of students of psychology,
studying different psychological courses. Psikhologicheskaia nauka i obrazovanie —
Psychological Science and Education. 2008. № 5. (in Russian).
3. Vanakova, G.V. A hierarchy of motives for choosing the profession of educational
psychologist, Vektor nauki TGU. Seriia: pedagogika, psikhologiia — Science Vector
of TSU. Series: education science, psychology. 2012. № 1 (8). Pp. 80-83. (in Russian).
4. Kosheleva, A.O. Kontseptsiia stanovleniia lichnostnoi zrelosti budushchego
spetsialista v innovatsionnykh usloviiakh vysshego professional'nogo obrazovaniia
(diss. dokt.) [Concept of Personal Maturity Process of the Future Professionals in Innovative
Conditions of Higher Education (Dr. Sci. Diss.)]. Yelets, 2009. 361 p. (in Russian).
5. Morozova, E.A. Psychological mechanisms of the process of maturity of the younger
generation by means of the educational environment. Psikhologicheskaia nauka
i obrazovanie — Psychological Science and Education. 2011. № 3. URL: http://psyedu.ru/
journal/2011/3/2413.phtml (in Russian).
6. Ashikhmina, O.A. Emotsional'naia ustoichivost' psikhologov sistemy obrazovaniia
na raznykh etapakh professionalizatsii (diss. kand.) [Emotional Stability of Psychologists
in Education System at Different Stages of Professional Growth (Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow,
2010. 219 p. (in Russian).
7. Shibaeva, G.E. Dinamika refleksivno-empatiinykh svoistv lichnosti v protsesse
professional'nogo stanovleniia studentov-psikhologov (diss. kand.) [Dynamics of Reflexive
Empathic Personality Traits in the Process of Professional Development of Students
of Psychology (Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow, 2010. 236 p. (in Russian).
8. Kot, T.V. Psikhologo-akmeologicheskie faktory razvitiia diagnosticheskoi
kompetentsii budushchego psikhologa (diss. kand.) [Psychological and Acmeological Factors
of Development of Diagnostic Competence of the Future Psychologist (Cand. Sci. Diss.)].
Tambov, 2011. 225 p. (in Russian).
9. Pluzhnikova, L.A. Razvitie vnutrilichnostnoi kompetentnosti studenta-psikhologa
v vuze (diss. kand.) [Development of Intrapersonal Competence of the Student-Psychologist
at the University (Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Tambov, 2011. 199 p. (in Russian).
10. Rogers, C.R. Vzgliad na psikhoterapiiu. Stanovlenie cheloveka [On Becoming
a Person: A Therapist's View of Psychotherapy] / transl. fr. Eng. M.M. Isenina. Moscow,
1994. 233 p. (in Russian).
11. Allport, G.W. Stanovlenie lichnosti: Izbrannye trudy [Growing Up as a Person:
Basic Considerations for a Psychology of Personality] / transl. fr. Eng. L.V. Trubitsyna,
D.A. Leont'ev. Moscow, 2002. 462 p. (in Russian).
12. Rean, A.A. Psikhologiia lichnosti. Sotsializatsiia, povedenie, obshchenie
[Psychology of Personality. Socialization, Behavior, Communication]. St-Petersburg, 2007.
407 p. (in Russian).