The article is devoted to the phenomenon of religious fanaticism. It considers basic concepts of fanaticism. The author notes the need for the description of personality transformations, which can give an explanation, in which religious fanaticism is sustainable. The author describes changes undergone by a person in the process of formation and growth of fanatical religious position. Personality changes are presented in the form of semantic transformations. The transformation illustarted
reflects personality changes as a leader, a fanatic, which are characterized by the transformation of identity, and also as an ordinary fanatic, described through the phenomenon of delegation of subjectivity. A mechanism for the substitution of internal
personal support by religious foundations is described. It is also shown that a change in attitude to people with different ideological positions takes place, which is a consequence of the rigid ideological position. Benefits of a fanatical religious position are disclosed. According to the author, the semantic transformation described can be diagnozed as a disorder.
1. Ol'shanskii, D.V. Psikhologiia terrorizma [Psychology of Terrorism]. St-Petersburg,
2002. 288 p. (in Russian).
2. Sanaeva, T.N. Sotsial'nyi fanatizm [Social Fanaticism]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2001.
100 p. (in Russian).
3. Toktomatov, O.K. On the issue of the concept of “fanaticism” / In: Piatye Baikal'skie
mezhdunarodnye sotsial'no-gumanitarnye chteniia. Ch. 1 [The Fifth Baikal International
Social Humanitarian Conference. Vol. 2]. Irkutsk, 2011. Pp. 77-82. (in Russian).
4. Kaliuzhnaia, N.A. Fanaticism: personal and group features. Filosofskie nauki —
Philosophical Sciences. 2007. № 9. Pp. 66-81. (in Russian).
5. Starshenbaum, G.V. Addiktologiia: psikhologiia i psikhoterapiia zavisimostei
[Addictology: Psychology and Psychotherapy of Addictions]. Moscow, 2006. 367 p.
6. Mendeleevich, V.D. Rukovodstvo po addiktologii [A Guide to Addictology].
St-Petersburg, 2007. 768 p. (in Russian).
7. Markin, V.N. Personality in a categorical row: individual, entity, identity, personality
(psychological and acmeologic analysis). Mir psikhologii — The World of Psychology.
2007. №. 1. Pp. 45-55. (in Russian).
8. Sokol'skaia, M.V. Subjective activity as a condition of maintaining personal health. Izvestiia Rossiiskogo Gosudarstvennogo Pedagogicheskogo Universiteta im. A.I. Gertsena — Bulletin of Herzen Russian State Pedagogical University. 2008. № 62. Pp. 293-304. (in Russian).
9. Ulybina, E.V. Be the author of oneself: changeability of identity as an expression of
subjectivity in attitude to oneself. Mir psikhologii — The World of Psychology. 2012. № 1.
Pp. 48-61. (in Russian).
10. Karabushchenko, N.B. «Escape from freedom» as «Escape from responsibility». Vestnik Astrakhanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta — Bulletin of the
Astrakhan State Technical University. 2006. № 5. Pp. 277-282. (in Russian).
11. Petukhov, V.V. Priroda i kul'tura [Nature and Culture]. Moscow, 1996. 160 p.
12. Priazhnikov, N.S., Priazhnikova, E.Iu. Psikhologiia truda i chelovecheskogo
dostoinstva [Psychology of Work and Human Dignity]. Moscow, 2005. 216 p. (in Russian).
13. Kontsen, P. Fanatizm. Psikhoanaliz etogo uzhasnogo iavleniia [Fanaticism.
Psychoanalysis of This Terrible Phenomenon] / trans. fr. German. Kharkov, 2011. 388 p.
14. Iung, K.G. Psikhologiia bessoznatel'nogo [Psychology of the Unconscious]. Moscow,
1994. 317 p. (in Russian).
15. Bogdan, S.S. Human destructiveness as a sociocultural phenomenon. Izvestiia
Rossiiskogo Gosudarstvennogo Pedagogicheskogo Universiteta im. A.I. Gertsena — Bulletin of Herzen Russian State Pedagogical University. 2010. № 124. Pp. 310-320. (in Russian).
16. Borodkin, F.M., Koriak, N.M. Vnimanie: konflikt! [Warning: a conflict!] Novosibirsk:
Nauka, 1989. 189 p. (in Russian).
17. Antonian, Iu.M. Socio-psychological problems of terrorism. Vestnik Voronezhskogo
Instituta MVD Rossii — Bulletin of Voronezh Institute of Ministry of Internal Affairs
(Russia). 2012. № 4. Pp. 10-14. (in Russian).
18. Borisov, S.N., Rimskii, A.V. On the socio-cultural practices of counter-terrorism.
Nauchnye vedomosti BelGU. Seriia: Filosofiia. Sotsiologiia. Pravo — Scientific Bulletin
of Belgorod State University. Series: Philosophy. Sociology. Law. 2010. № 13. Pp. 186-192. (in Russian).
19. Tabatadze, G.S. Violence as a social phenomenon. Vestnik VolGU. Seriia 7: Filosofiia. Sotsiologiia i sotsial'nye tekhnologii — Bulletin of Volgograd State University. Series 7: Philosophy. Sociology and Social Technologies. 2003. № 3. Pp. 109-117. (in Russian).
20. Bukovskaia, N.V., Voevodina, Iu.A. The role of religious symbols in politics. Vestnik
Tomskogo Gosudarstvennogo Pedagogicheskogo Universiteta — Bulletin of Tomsk State
Pedagogical University. 2006. № 12. Pp. 101-104. (in Russian).
21. Vshivtseva, L.N. Violence and nonviolence as the principles of modern and traditional
civilizations. Sovremennye issledovaniia sotsial'nykh problem — Modern Research
of Social Problems. 2012. № 1 (09). (in Russian).
22. Antonian, Iu. M. Socio-psychological problems of terrorism. Vestnik VI MVD Rossii
[Bulletin of Voronezh Institute of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia]. 2012. № 4. Pp. 10-14.
23. Asmolov, A.G. Lichnost' kak predmet psikhologicheskogo issledovaniia [Personality
as a subject of psychological research]. Moscow, 1984. 105 p. (in Russian).
24. Shapinskaia, E.N. The images of the Other in texts of the culture: politics
of representation (the end). Znanie. Ponimanie. Umenie — Knowledge. Understanding.
Skill. 2009. № 4. Pp. 49-55. (in Russian).
25. Shuvanov, I.B. Prospects of subject approach to the analysis of the elemental base
of psychological model of the subject’s life security. Vestnik Adygeiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriia 3: Pedagogika i psikhologiia — Bulletin of Adygea State University.
Series 3: Education Science and Psychology. 2011. № 3. Pp. 213-221. (in Russian).