The article discusses two approaches to the problem of intuition: 1) intuition as a mechanism for cognition summarizing accumulated experience, the source of which can be traced and explained logically; 2) intuition as “direct knowledge” outside the known ways of perception and communication and inexplicable from the standpoint of rational representations. The problem of the ontological status of intuition in an interdisciplinary approach is raised. An operational understanding of intuition as the mechanism for obtaining and processing nonlocal (essentially remote from the recipient) information is proposed. The difficulties in reproducibility of the studies about intuition are discussed. Reproducibility in research of intuition should be based on intraindividual approach (for each subject), followed by building the construct of intuition and typology of subjects on the scales of this construct. Intraindividual approach can be implemented within the framework of longitudinal studies by estimating the dynamics of the manifestations of intuition in parallel with the registration of activity indicators of subjective and objective sides of psychic life: respectively, self-esteem of psychic states, registering psychophysiological indicators, mental and physiological states, the stable features of the test subjects and external factors — social-psychological, environmental, meteorological, etc.
1. Berry, D., Broadbent, D. Implicit learning in the control of complex systems
/ In: Complex problem solving / P. Frensch, J. Funke (Eds.). 1995. Pp. 131-150.
2. Naumenko, E.A. Intuitivnost' kak svoistvo lichnosti (Dokt. Diss.) [Intuitivity as
a Feature of Personality (Dr. Sci. Diss.)]. St-Petersburg, 2000. 381 p. (in Russian).
3. Kornilova, T.V., Stepanosova, O.V., Grigorenko, E.L. Intuition and rationality
in hierarchy regulations of verbal forecasts in decision making. Voprosy psikhologii —
Psychology Issues. 2006. № 1. Pp. 126-137. (in Russian).
4. Lopatin, V.A. Strategii poznavatel'noi deiatel'nosti v usloviiakh neopredelennosti
[Strategies of Cognitive Activity in Conditions of Uncertainty]. 2011. URL: http://www
scaliger.ru/texts/realnost/strategii.html (30.07.2014) (in Russian).
5. Bondarenko, A.V. Formation and development of the concept of intuition. Vestnik
Adygeiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriia 1: Regionovedenie: filosofiia, istoriia,
sotsiologiia, iurisprudentsiia, politologiia, kul'turologiia — Bulletin of the Adyghe State
University. Series 1: Regional Studies: philosophy, history, sociology, law, political
science, cultural studies. 2009. № 3. Pp. 18-26. (in Russian).
6. Zinchenko, V.P., Leont'ev, A.N., Lomov, B.V., Luriia, A.P. Parapsychology: fiction or
reality? Voprosy filosofii — Philosophy Issues. 1973. № 9. Pp. 128-136. (in Russian).
7. Ritsl', M.L. Parapsikhologiia. Fakty i mneniia [Parapsychology. Facts and Opinions].
Kiev, Moscow, 1999. 368 p. (in Russian).
8. Wilson, A.W. Quantum Psychology. Arisona: New Falcon Publications, 2004. 206 p.
9. Dubrov, A.P., Pushkin, V.N. Parapsikhologiia i sovremennoe estestvoznanie
[Parapsychology and Modern Science]. Moscow, 1989. 280 p. (in Russian).
10. Korotaev, S.M., Serdiuk, V.O., Gorokhov, Iu.V. Prognosis of solar and geomagnetic
activity on the basis of nonlocal correlations. Doklady Akademii nauk — Reports of the
Academy of Sciences. 2007. Vol. 415. № 6. Pp. 975-978. (in Russian).
11. Mossbridge, J., Tressoldi, P., Utts, J. Predictive physiological anticipation preceding
seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis. Front. Psychol. 2012. doi: 10.3389/
12. Bem, D.J., Honorton, C. Does Psi Exist? Replicable Evidence for an Anomalous
Process of Information Transfer. Psychological Bulletin. 1994. Vol. 115. № 1. Pp. 4-18.
13. Lebedeva, N.N., Dobronravova, I.S. Human electroencephalogram rhythms organization
in unusual states of consciousness. Parapsikhologiia v SSSR — Parapsychology in the
USSR. 1992. № 1. Pp. 27-43. (in Russian).
14. Rajaram, M., Mitra, S. Correlation between convulsive seizure and geomagnetic
activity. Neurosci Lett. 1981. Vol. 24. Pp. 187–191.
15. Persinger, M. Geophysical Variables and Behavior: XXX. Intense Paranormal
Experiences Occur during Days of Quiet, Global, Geomagnetic Activity. Perceptual and
Motor Skills. 1985. Vol. 61. Pp. 320-322.