About the authors:
Olga S. Andreeva, Cand. Sci. (Psych.), Associate Professor at the Department of General and Social psychology, Tyumen State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pavel I. Morgun,
student, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogics, Tyumen State University
In the context of the research, backache is considered as a psychosomatic problem. In spite of the opinions about interrelation and mutual conditionality between backache and the strategies of overcoming stress situations that are often mentioned in the topic related literature, today there is no common theory that explains the above mentioned correlation. The empirical study was conducted using the method of E. Heim (adapted by Psychoneurological Institute of B.M. Bekhterev), Questionnaire of self-control methods (Ways of Coping Questionnaire, WCQ), of R. Lazarus and S. Folkman (adapted by T.L. Kryukova, Y.V. Kuftyak, M.S. Zamyshlyaeva) and «The index of life style» methods of R. Plutchik (adapted by Y.B. Klubova). For analysis of the results the criterion of Kruskal-Wallis was applied. As a result of the empirical study conclusions were made that people with backache do not differ much from the others of the screening group when using the most of psychological defense mechanisms. As regards the spontaneous reaction to the stress situations and other kinds of psychological menace, the significant differences between two groups are minimal. The main differences between the group with backache and screening group are revealed on the level of voluntary reaction, coping level. The article also presents a table that generalizes the interrelation between the theoretical concepts of the correlation between backache and psychological problems and empirical data received.
1. Kostiuchenko, A.I., Usenko, A.L. Backache (dorsopatiya) — possibilities of diagnostics
and treatment. Glavnyi vrach — Head Doctor. 2006. №1 (5). Pp. 19-22. (in Russian).
2. Mak-Vil'iams, N. Psikhoanaliticheskaia diagnostika: Ponimanie struktury lichnosti
v klinicheskom protsesse [Psychoanalytic Diagnostics: Understanding Structure
of Personality in the Clinical Process] / transl. fr. Eng. Moscow, 2001. 480 p. (in Russian).
3. Sandomirskii, M.E. Psikhosomatika i telesnaia psikhoterapiia: Prakticheskoe
rukovodstvo [Psychosomatics and Body-Oriented Psychotherapy: a practical guide]. Moscow, 2005. 592 p. (in Russian).
4. Obukhov, Ia.L. Deep-psychological approach in psychotherapy of psychosomatic
diseases. Shkola zdorov'ia — The School of Health. 1997. № 3. Pp. 43-61. (in Russian).
5. Bogdanova, M.V., Dotsenko, E.L. Samoreguliatsiia lichnosti: ot zashchit k sozidaniiu:
Monografiia [Self-control of Personality: from Protection to Creation: a monograph]. Tyumen, 2010. 204 p. (in Russian).
6. Podchufarova, E.V., Iakhno, N.N. Bol' v spine. Rukovodstvo. Biblioteka vrachaspetsialista [Backache. Guidelines. Library of the Specialist Doctor]. Moscow, 2013. 368 p. (in Russian).
7. Podchufarova, E.V. Znachenie roli nevropaticheskogo, notsitseptivnogo
i psikhogennogo mekhanizmov v formirovanii khronicheskikh bolevykh sindromov
poiasnichno-kresttsovoi lokalizatsii (Avtoref. diss. dokt.) [Role of Neuropathic, Nociceptive
and Psychic Mechanisms in Formation of Chronic Pain Syndromes of Lumbosacral Localization (Extended abstract of Dr. Sci. Diss.)]. Moscow, 2011. (in Russian).
8. Malkina-Pykh, I.G. Psikhosomatika: Spravochnik prakticheskogo psikhologa
[Psychosomatics: Reference book for a practicing psychologist]. Moscow, 2005. 960 p.
9. Evdokimenko, P.V. Prichina tvoei bolezni [The Cause of Your Disease]. Moscow,
2006. 960 p. (in Russian).
10. Baburin, I.N., Kliniko-psikhologicheskie kharakteristiki bol'nykh s khronicheskim
bolevym sindromom, obuslovlennym osteokhondrozom poiasnichno-kresttsovogo otdela
pozvonochnika (kand. diss.) [Clinical-Psychological Characteristics of Patients with the
Chronic Pain Syndrome Caused by Osteochondrosis of Lumbosacral Department of the
Backbone (Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. St-Peterburg, 2006. (in Russian).
11. Nabiullina, R.R., Tukhtarova, I.V., Mekhanizmy psikhologicheskoi zashchity
i sovladaniia so stressom (opredelenie, struktura, funktsii, vidy, psikhoterapevticheskaia
korrektsiia). Uchebnoe posobie [Psychological Defence Mechanisms and Coping (Definition, Structure, Functions, Types, Psychotherapeutic Correction): a study guide]. Kazan, 2003, Pp. 23-29. (in Russian).