Release:Vesntik TSU. Pedagogy. Psychology. 2013
About the authors:Anna A. Saltyukova,
Abstract:The authors of the article have analyzed the professional standard “IT Specialist” and have come to the conclusion about the increasing role of social and communicative component of the IT bachelors’ and masters’ expertise. As the result, an axiological aspect of teaching foreign languages to IT-students has become especially important, though this fact is not taken into account in the professional standard. Having analyzed the requirements and expertise of IT-companies that work with foreign customers, the authors point out that a graduate of the engineering university has to have well-developed communicative skills for professional communication in foreign languages. Meanwhile, most standardized professional knowledge in the IT field might be developed by means of foreign language teaching. The authors have concluded that it is necessary to involve top IT specialists (employer’s representatives) in order to provide and carry out students’ language education. This will increase the practical impact of teaching foreign languages in order to guarantee high professional level of the graduates. In their opinion the foreign language is a means to store and pass information, while the foreign language competence is formed alongside professional competences.
1. Zherebina, O.G. IT Professional Standards: «Service Manual». Professional'nye standarty v oblasti IT — IT Professional standards. URL: http://www.aptik.ru/ committees/education/meetings/standarts.php (accessed 15.04.2013). (in Russian).
2. Babeshko V.N. Using Case Method in Education [Primenenie kejsov v uchebnom processe s uchastiem rabotodatelja]. Informacionnye biznes sistemy: M-ly II Vseross. nauch.-praktich. konferencii (Information Business System: Materials II National Russian Scientific Practical Conf.). Moscow, 2010. Pp. 53-56. (in Russian).
3. Nezhurina, M.I. The System of Preparing IT-Specialists of New Quality. The Experience of Cooperation between NITU “MISiS” and Business [Sistema podgotovki IT-specialistov novogo kachestva. Opyt sotrudnichestva NITU «MISiS» i biznesa]. Mezhdunarodnye standarty, akkreditacija i sertifikacija tehnicheskogo obrazovanija i inzhenernoj professii: M-ly mezhdunarod. nauch.-praktich. konferencii (International Standards, Accreditation and Certification of Engineering Education and Profession: Materials of International Scientific Conf.). Moscow, 2010. Pp. 68-72. (in Russian).
4. IT Professional Standards. URL: http://www.apkit.ru/committees/education/ meetings/standarts.php (accessed 17.04.2013). (in Russian).
5. Bajdenko, V.I. Identifying the Composition of Graduates’ Competences as a Necessary Stage of Designing SEI HPE of New Generation [Vyjavlenie sostava kompetencij vypusknikov vuzov kak neobhodimyj jetap proektirovanija GOS VPO novogo pokolenija]. Rossija v Bolonskom processe: problemy, zadachi, perspektivy: Trudy metodologicheskogo seminara (Russia in Bologna Process: Problems, Tasks, Perspectives: Materials of Methodological Seminars). Moscow, 2006. P. 68. (in Russian).
6. Leushina, I.V. Foreign Language Teaching in Engineering University and the Problem of Professional Identity of the Graduate. Sibirskij pedagogicheskij zhurnal — Siberian Pedagogical Journal. 2008. № 10. Pp. 33-40. (in Russian).
7. Bolotov, V.A. Competence-based Model: from Idea to Educational Program. Pedagogika — Pedagogics. 2003. № 10. Pp. 8-14. (in Russian).
8. Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Professional Education on major 230400, IT. Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation. URL: http://minobrnauki. rf/documents/924 (accessed 01.04.2013). (in Russian).
9. Krupchenko, A.K. Professional Linguistic Didactics. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii — Higher Education in Russia. 2006. № 5. Pp. 158-160. (in Russian).
10. Loktjushina, E.A. Integrated Professional Competence as an Objective of Teaching Foreign Languages. URL: http://www.emissia.org/offline/2012/1818.htm (accessed 15.03.2013). (in Russian)