Release:Vesntik TSU. Pedagogy. Psychology. 2013
About the author:lyudmila A. Gritsai,
Abstract:The article studies parenting as the philosophical-historical phenomenon in the Russian pedagogic ideas of Ancient Russia. The main concepts of parenting are determined on the material of ancient Russian pedagogic works. The fundamental dominants of this concept were the recognition of the family unity in serving to God and the belief in almighty power of up-bringing. This resulted in the requirement to obey parents, and as for parents — to remember their greatest responsibility for the result of up-bringing. The main method of up-bringing was the fear of God; it meant the remembrance of the Day of the Last Judgment, awareness of their sinfulness and the desire to acquire the virtues helping the soul to get salvation. In this case physical punishment was considered as a necessary educational method, making disobedient children not only to obey the will, but to improve their souls with the help of a bodily pain. Thus, it warned them from the further evil and gave the righteous path. Primarily analysis of ideas contributing to the conclusion about philosophical-pedagogical ideals of the understanding the children up-bringing concept in the family is proposed.
1. Pushkareva, N.L. Didakticheskaja (uchitel'naja) literatura [Didactic literature]. URL: http://files.school-collection.edu.ru/dlrstore/3b62aa2f-5260-aa81-3636- 9e02fc4adbce/1012556A.htm (in Russian).
2. Slovar' knizhnikov i knizhnosti Drevnej Rusi. Vyp. 1 (XI — pervaja polovina XIV v.) [Dictionary of scribes and book-learning of Ancient Russia. Issue 1 (XI — the first half of XIV century)] / Head ed. D.S. Lihachev. L.: Nauka, 1987. 493 p. (in Russian).
3. Pudalov, B.M. Sbornik «Izmaragd» v drevnerusskoj literature (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Сollection «Izmaragd» in the ancient Russian literature (Cand. Diss. thesis). St.-Petersburg, 1996. 22 p. (in Russian).
4. Adrianova-Peretc, V.P. Person in didactic literature of Ancient Russia. ТОDRL. 1972. Vol. 27. Pp. 3-68. (in Russian).
5. Kostomarov, N.I. Ocherk domashnej zhizni i nravov velikorusskogo naroda v XVI i XVII stoletii [The essay about home life and mores of great Russian people in XVI and XVII сenturies]. St.-Petersburg, 1860. 216 p. (in Russian).
6. Domostroj [Domostroy] / publ. V.V. Kolesov, V.V. Rozhdestvenskaja. St.-Petersburg: Nauka, 1994. 400 p. URL: http://www.wco.ru/biblio/books/domostroy/Main.htm (in Russian).
7. Leshhenko, V.Ju. Russkaja sem'ja (XI-XIX vv.) [Russian family (XI-XIX cent.)]. Monograph. St.-Petersburg, 2004. 608 p. (in Russian).
8. Izmaragd: rukopis' XVI veka [Izmagard: Manuscript of ХVI century]. 294 p. (in Russian).
9. Demkov, M.I. Istorija russkoj pedagogiki. Ch. 1. Drevnerusskaja pedagogija [History of Russian Pedagogy. Part 1. Ancient Russian Didactic]. St.-Petersburg, 1899. 328 p. (in Russian).
10. Kapterev, P.F. Istorija russkoj pedagogii [The history of Russian pedagogics]. Petrograd, 1915. 746 p. URL: http://bg-znanie.ru/rubrics.php?r_id=1385 (in Russian).
11. Kljuchevskij, V.O. Dva vospitanija [Two Up-bringings] // Collections in 9 v. Vol. IX. Маterials of different years. Мoscow, 1990. 374 p. URL: http://library20.info/book_209_ glava_25_Kljuchevskijj_V.O._DVA_VOSPITA.html (in Russian).
12. Dubakin, D.N. Vlijanie hristianstva na semejnyj byt russkogo obshhestva (v period do vremeni pojavlenija «Domostroja») [Christianity influence on the family life of Russian people (in the period before «Domostroy»)]. St.-Petersburg, 1880. 188 p. (in Russian).13. Pozdnjakov, A.N. Istorija pedagogiki i obrazovanija za rubezhom i v Rossii: uchebnoe posobie [The history of pedagogy and education abroad and in Russia: Textbook]. Saratov: Nauka, 2009. 143 p. (in Russian)