Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2014
About the author:Valeriy M. Kruzhinov, Dr. Sci. (Hist.), Professor, Department of National History, Institute of History and Political Sciences, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:This article analyzes the controversial process of political conflicts in the Bolshevik Party in the early years of Soviet system as exemplified by the Ural historiography between mid-1950’s and mid-1980’s. It demonstrates that the criticism of the “personality cult” at the XX Communist Party Congress didn’t affect the Stalinist scheme of history of the inner struggle, and generalizations and conclusions of historians, which were different in a set of specific facts and arguments, resulted in absolutization of the destructive origin in the political conflict and interpreting it as a pathological deviation from the imaginary normal development. In these circumstances any oppositions of the Communists to the official orientation were connected with the “alien ideology” and emergence of “opportunistic” and “counter-revolutionary” groups, the defeat of which was associated with the victory of “Lenin orientation”. It has been specified that this version of inner-party struggle had deep social roots. Responding to the interests of the party-state elite, it allowed native historians to portray the development of the Soviet society as a forward movement, but increasingly found itself at odds with the real life.
1. Emel'ianov, Iu.V. Stalin. Na vershine vlasti [Stalin. On the top of the power]. Мoscow, 2007. (in Russian).
2. Voskresenskii, Iu.V. Perekhod Kommunisticheskoi partii k osushchestvleniiu politiki sotsialisticheskoi industrializatsii strany [Passage of the Communist party to the realization of the policy social industrialization of the country]. Мoscow, 1969. (in Russian).
3. Ivanov, V.M. Leningradskaia partiinaia organizatsiia v bor'be protiv trotskizma (1923–1927) (diss. dokt.) [The party organization of Leningrad in the struggle against trotskizm (1923–1927) (Doct. diss.). Leningrad, 1970. (in Russian).
4. Makarov, B.M. Kritika trotskizma po voprosam stroitel'stva sotsializm v SSSR [Critics of trotskizm on socialism building in the USSR]. Мoscow, 1965. (in Russian).
5. Bystrykh, F.P. The Bolshevik organizations in Ural in the struggle for the Great October revolution victory // ocherki istorii kommunisticheskikh organizatsii Urala. T. I. [Essays on history of the Communist organizations in Ural. V. I]. Sverdlovsk, 1971. (in Russian).
6. Popov, N.N. Bor'ba bol'shevikov Urala za soldatskie massy v trekh revoliutsiiakh [Struggle of the Ural Bolsheviks for soldiers during the three revolutions]. Saratov, 1983. (in Russian).
7. Loskutov, S.A. Bor'ba bol'shevikov Urala protiv men'shevikov v period uprocheniia Sovetskoi vlasti (oktiabr' 1917-iiun' 1918 gg.) (diss. kand.) [Struggle of the Ural Bolsheviks against the Mensheviks during strengthening of the Soviet power (October 1917-June 1918) (Cand. Diss.). Chelyabinsk, 1984. (in Russian).
8. Ural'skaia zhizn' (Ekaterinburg) — The Ural life (Ekaterinburg). 1917. October, 10. (in Russian).
9. Bakunin, A.V. Industrial'nyi Ural v trudakh V.I. Lenina [Industrial Ural in the works by V.I Lenin]. Мoscow, 1981. (in Russian).
10. Malafeev, L.F. Strengthening of the Soviet power in Ural // Kommunisty Urala v gody grazhdanskoi voiny [Communists of Ural during the Civil war]. Sverdlovsk, 1959. (in Russian).
11. Skrobov, V.S. Problemy voennoi deiatel'nosti Kommunisticheskoi partii na Urale (oktiabr' 1917 g.-1920 g.) [The problems of war activity of the Communist party in Ural (October 1917-1920)]. Sverdlovsk, 1971. (in Russian).
12. Lenin, V.I. The speech on the war issue at VIII congress of WCP (b) on March 21, 1919 // Leninskii sbornik XXXVII [Lenin’s collection XXXVII]. Мoscow, 1970. (in Russian).
13. Fel'dman, V.V. The discussion about trade unions in the party organizations of Ural // Trudy kafedry istorii KPSS Ural'skogo lesotekhnicheskogo instituta [The works of the CPSU history department of the Ural forestry engineering institution]. Sverdlovsk, 1962. (in Russian).
14. Golovanov, D.D., Ivanov, V.P. The important page in history of Soviet trade unions. Voprosy arhivovedeniya — Archival science issues. 1965. № 3. (in Russian).
15. Tsentr dokumentatsii obshchestvennykh organizatsii Sverdlovskoi oblasti [The documentary center of public organizations in Sverdlovskaya oblast]. F. 41. List 1, Aff. 1144. Sh. 68. (in Russian).
16. Fel'dman, V.V. Struggle of the Ural communists against «myasnikovshchina» // Klassovaia bor'ba na Urale (1917-1932 gody) [Class struggle in Ural (1917-1932)]. Sverdlovsk, 1974. (in Russian).
17. The year of 1921. Myasnikov, Lenin and the party discussion about the word freedom Svobodnaia mysl'. 1992. № 1. (in Russian).
18. Istoriia Urala. Т. II. [History of the Urals. V. 2]. Perm, 1977. 543 p. (in Russian).19. Korotaev, F.S. Kommunisty Urala v bor'be za edinstvo riadov VKP(b) [Urals communists in the struggle for the unity of the CPSU(b)]. Perm, 1968. 48 p. (in Russian).