Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2014
About the author:Galina Y. Koleva,
Abstract:The subject of the study is representatives of the Cossacks in Western Siberia — service class people, the Volkovs. The objective of the study is to trace the destiny of the family started by one of the service class people who came to WesterSiberia in the beginning of the land development, and to identify the causes of longterm existance of one of the villages near Tobolsk, which originally had a status of an possessary village and wore the name of its owner. The author comes to the conclusion that the Volkovo has become one of the few villages near Tobolsk that was inhabited by the first service class people and has existed for many centuries. The Volkovs until the middle of the XIX century, were actively involved in the management structure of the territory, but since the second half of the century they had been living in the village. It was the time of the population growth that hadn’t been seen for three centures. The periods of military service did not contribute to the growth of the population in the village. The long-term existence of the Volkov family was caused by the predominance of male birth. After the military service in Omsk the Volkov Cossacks became the part of the Omsk Cossacks. The analysis of the history of only one family of Volkovs demonstrates involvement of the first Cossacks in formation of the population and in the land development.
1. Vnukova, О.V. About the responsibilities of the military men in Western Siberia // Zapadnaia Sibir': Istoriia i sovremennost'. Kraevedcheskie zapiski. Vyp. 5 [Western Siberia: History and contemporary time. Local history notes. Issue 5.]. Nizhnevartovsk, 2001. Pp. 28-34. (in Russian).
2. Zapadno-Sibirskoe sluzhiloe kazachestvo i ego rol' v obsledovanii i zaniatii raionov Sibiri i Srednei Azii. Vyp. 1 [Western-Siberian Cossaks and their role in exploration and inhabiting of Siberia and Middle Asia regions. Issue 1]. / Made by G.E. Katanaev. St.-Petersburg, 1908. 115 p. (in Russian).
3. Zuev, A. Cossaks’ heart of Siberia // Tobol'sk i vsia Sibir'. Sibirskoe kazach'e voisko [Tobolsk and all Siberia. Siberian Cossaks military forces]. Tobolsk, 2011. Pp. 47-61. (in Russian).
4. Gazenvinkel', K.B. Knigi Razriadnye v ofitsial'nykh ikh spiskakh kak materialy dlia istorii Sibiri XVII v. [Official lists of noble families as the data for the history of Siberia in XVII]. Kazan, 1842. 79 p. (in Russian).
5. Miller, G.F. Putevye opisaniia Sibiri. opisanie gorodov, krepostei, ostrogov, slobod, sel, dereven', ostrovov, rek, rechushek, ozer i drugikh dostoprimechatel'nostei na reke Irtysh i vozle nego vverkh ot g. Tobol'ska [Travel descriptions of Siberia. The description of the towns, fortresses, dungeons, settlements, villages, islands, rivers, small rivers, lakes and the other sights on the river Irtysh and near Tobolsk]. URL: vostlit.info (in Russian).
6. The census book 214 (Siberian decree). List 1. «Books». Aff. 3. Sh. 84 оb. (in Russian).
7. Perepisnaia kniga Tobol'skogo uezda perepisi tobol'skogo dvorianina A. Strunina [The census book of the Tobolsk county by the Tobolsk noble man A. Strunin]. 1710 г. URL: genealogia.ru (in Russian).
8. Spisok naseleniia Tobol'skoi gubernii [The list of population in the Tobolsk province]. Tobolsk, 1892. 366 p. (in Russian).
9. Tobol'sk. Materialy dlia istorii goroda XVII i XVIII stoletii [Tobolsk. Data for the history of the town in the 17th and the 18th centuries]. Мoscow, 1885. 163 p. (in Russian).
10. Slovar' russkogo iazyka. XVIII v. Vyp. 6 [The Russian language dictionary. The 18th century в. Issue 6]. Leningrad: Nauka, 1991. 256 p. (in Russian).
11. Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiiskoi imperii. Sobranie tret'e. 1881-1913 gg. V 48 tt. T. 25 [Complete collection of laws of the Russian empire. The third collection. 1881-1913. In 48 v. V. 25.]. St-Petersburg, 1885-1912. 931 p. (in Russian).
12. Perepisnaia kniga g. Tobol'ska kniazia V. Meshcherskogo [The Tobolsk census book by the knight V. Meshcherskiy]. 1710. URL: narod.ru (in Russian).
13. Sistematicheskii perechen' voevod, d'iakov, pis'mennykh golov i pod,,iachikh s pripis'iu v sibirskikh gorodakh i glavneishikh ostrogakh s ikh osnovaniia do nachala XVIII v. K istorii Sibiri XVII v. [The regular list of warchiefs, clerks, writing heads and scriveners with registration in Siberian towns and the main stockated towns from their foundation to the beginning of the 18th century. Siberian history in the 17th century] / Ed. By K.B. Gazenvinkel'. Tobolsk, 1892. 364 p. (in Russian).
14. Petrov, V. Kratkoe pokazanie o byvshikh kak v Tobol'ske, tak i vo vsekh sibirskikh gorodakh i ostrogakh s nachala vziatiia sibirskogo gosudarstva, voevodakh i gubernatorakh, i prochikh chinakh, i kto oni imenno i kto kakoi gorod stroil i kogda [A brief story of the residents of Tobolsk and other Siberian towns and stockated towns from the moment of taking of the Siberian state, as well as of warchiefs, governors and other ranks, and of those by whom and when this or that town was built]. Tobolsk, 1792. 84 p. (in Russian).
15. Fil', S.G. Cossacks of the “Lithuanian list” in Siberia of the 16th-18th cent // Tobol'sk i vsia Sibir'. Sibirskoe kazach'e voisko [Tobolsk and all Siberia. Siberian Cossaks troops]. Tobolsk, 2011. Pp. 209-215. (in Russian).
16. Skrynnikov, R.G. Sibirskaia ekspeditsiia Ermaka [Siberian expedition of Ermak]. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1986. 291 p. (in Russian).
17. Miller, G.F. Rodoslovnaia kniga kniazei i dvorian rossiiskikh i vyezzhikh. Ch. 2 [The Red book of knights and noble men living in Russia and having left Russia. P. 2]. Мoscow, 1787. 846 p. (in Russian).
18. Service class people, the Volkovs. URL: chrono.ru (in Russian).
19. The list of noble men in the Volinskya province. 1906. URL: didkofskif.ru; The list of nobilities as part of the Red Book of the Luthinian and Vilenskya province. URL: narod.ru (in Russian).
20. Perepisnaia kniga Tobol'skogo uezda 1710 g. perepisi tobol'skogo syna boiarskogo S.U. Remezova [The census book of the Tobolsk province in 1710 by the court noble man S.U. Remezov]. URL: narod.ru (in Russian).
21. Pamiatnaia zapiska Tobol'skoi gubernii na 1884 g. [Memorial letters of the Tobolsk province of 1884] / Ed. by A.I. Dmitriev-Mamonov, I.M. Golodnikov. Tobolsk, 1884. 408 p. (in Russian).
22. Tobol'skii filial Gosudarstvennogo arkhiva Tiumenskoi oblasti [Tobolsk branch of the State archives of Tyumen oblast] (Further: ТB SАТО). F. И-472. L. 1. Aff. 1. (in Russian).
23. ТB SАТО. F. И-472. L. 1. Aff. 2.
24. Andreev, S., Shuldiakov, V. Siberian Cossaks troops // Tobol'sk i vsia Sibir'. Sibirskoe kazach'e voisko [Tobolsk and all Siberia. Siberian Cossaks troops]. Tobolsk, 2011. Pp. 35-42. (in Russian).
25. Pamiatnaia knizhka Tobol'skoi gubernii za 1864 g. [Memorial letters of the Tobolsk province of 1864]. Tobolsk, 1864. 467 p. (in Russian).
26. Zverinskii V.V. Spiski naselennykh mest rossiiskoi imperii, sostavlennye i izdavaemye Tsentral'nym statisticheskim komitetom Ministerstva vnutrennikh del. 60. Tobol'skaia guberniia [Lists of communities of the Russian empire compiled and published by the Central statistics committee of the Ministry of Internal affairs. 60. the Tobolsk province]. St-Petersburg, 1871. 478 p. (in Russian).
27. ТB SАТО. F. И-417. L. 2. Aff. 187. (in Russian).
28. ТB SАТО. F. И-417. L. 2. Aff. 197. (in Russian).29. Patkanov, S.K. Materialy dlia izucheniia ekonomicheskogo byta gosudarstvennykh krest'ian i inorodtsev Zapadnoi Sibiri. Vyp. 10. Ekonomicheskii byt gosudarstvennykh krest'ian i inorodtsev Tobol'skogo okruga Tobol'skoi gubernii. Ch. 1 [Data for research of economical life style of state peasants and indigenous peoples in Western Siberia. Issue 10. Economical life style of state peasants and indigenous peoples of Tobolsk district in Tobolsk province. P. 1]. St.-Petersburg, 1894. 403 p. (in Russian).