Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2014
About the authors:Viktor P. Karpov, Dr. Sci. (Hist.), Professor, Department of Humanities and Technologies, Industrial University of Tyumen; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:Implementation of West Siberian oil and gas project (WSOGP) has hurt and significantly reshaped the interests of leading powers of the world with a great impact on the economic system and political relations. At the same time cooperation in oil and gas sphere between USSR and the West had the opposite, very significant impact on the development of WSOGP, the Soviet Union and modern Russia. The article considers the possibilities and limitations of international cooperation in the oil and gas sphere, causes and consequences of the shift in the Soviet structure of oil and gas export which happened in the 1960s and 1980s. The article introduces to Western political concepts regarding cooperation with the East. Each change of concepts West — East more or less affected the participation of foreign countries in development of Siberian oil and gas resources. Interest in a lowcost nature resources and guaranteed supplies pushed the West to release credits for development of Siberian fields. A stabilizing factor in the relations East — West appeared with the expansion of international cooperation in development of Siberian oil and gas fields. Tyumen North drew into the orbit of the world's economic and political relations. What is more, positive and negative consequences of international cooperation in the energy.
1. Karpov, V.P. Istoriia sozdaniia i razvitiia Zapadno-Sibirskogo neftegazovogo kompleksa (1948-1990) [The creation and development history of the Western-Siberian oil and gas complex (1948-1990)]. Tyumen, 2005. 316 p. (in Russian).
2. Ergin, D. dobycha: Vsemirnaia istoriia bor'by za neft', den'gi i vlast' [Extraction: the world history of struggle for oil, money and power]. Transl. from Eng. Мoscow, 2012. 944 p. (in Russian).
3. Timoshenko, V.P. Oil and gas of Yamal as a factor of the USSR international cooperation (1960-80s.). Gornye vedomosti — Gornye vedomosti. 2011. № 3. Pp. 82-90. (in Russian).
4. ХХIII s,,ezd KPSS. Stenogr. otchet [ХХIII congress of CPSU. Shorthand record]. Moscow, 1966. Vol. 2. 672 p. (in Russian).
5. Igolkin, A.A. The politics of oil colour. Neft Rossii — Neft Rossii. 2007. № 12. Pp. 114-116. (in Russian).
6. Slavkina, M.V. Velikie pobedy i upushchennye vozmozhnosti: Vliianie neftegazovogo kompleksa na sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoe razvitie SSSR v 1945-1991 gg. [The great victories and lost opportunities: the impact of oil and gas complex on the USSR social-economical development in 1945-1991]. Мoscow, 2007. 384 p. (in Russian).
7. Slavkina, M.V. The four faces of Soviet oil export: the main development tendencies in 1922-1990s. Vestnik Cheliabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk State University. 2012. № 7. History. Issue 49. Pp. 56-64. (in Russian).
8. Karpov, V.P., Gavrilova, N.Iu. Oil in the foreign policy and trade of the USSR in 1960- 1980s. oil and gas. Izvestiya vuzov. 2002. № 4. Pp. 117-122. (in Russian).
9. Timoshenko, V.P. Industrial exploration of Asian Russia in the foreign experts evaluation (1960-1980s). Izvestiia Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Bulletin of the Ural State university. 2011. № 4 (96). Pp. 164-175. (in Russian).
10. Mal'kevich, V.L., Mitrofanov, I.L., Ivanov, A.S. Foreign trade of the USSR at N.C. Patolichev. 1958-1985. Neft Rossii — Neft Rossii. 2011. № 2. P. 111. (in Russian).
11. Timoshenko, V.P. The Russian North in the world economy measure: the reasons of the raw materials specialization. Iamal v panorame Rossiiskoi istorii [Yamal in the Russian history panorama]. Salekhard-Ekaterinburg, 2004. Pp. 118-132. (in Russian).
12. Alekseev, V.V. obshchestvennyi potentsial istorii [The social potential of history]. Ekaterinburg, 2004. 642 p. (in Russian).
13. Kontorovich, A., Korzhubaev, A. What are the errors of the Russian FEC? Neft Rossii. 2006. № 7. Pp. 22-25. (in Russian).
14. Korzhubaev, A. Following the economic increase. Neft Rossii. 2011. № 5. Pp. 12-19.(in Russian).