Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2013
About the author:,
Abstract:The problem of the origin of the assistant clerk of the grand duke of the first third of XVI century up to this date is not enough studied in our national historiography. The main studies are dedicated to the clerk of the grand duke. The Authors agree that “a clerk” and “an assistant clerk” are of the same origin. On the grounds of the analysis of assembly and business documents, books with the descriptions of the immovable property, class and ambassadorial books author reconstructed the personnel of the assistant clerks of the period. On the grounds of prosopographic method in the environment of the assistant clerk the noble layer is found; the group of hereditary clerks, whose fathers served as clerks or assistant clerks; the group formed from the “democratic” layer of the population — the clergy, the townsfolk, the palace servants. To the last category author refers also the assistant clerks, whose social origin can’t be found out. To sum up, the author came to the conclusion that basically assistant clerk’s origin of this period is from the “democratic” layer of the population. The layer of the noble among assistant clerks was not great in comparison with clerks who were mostly from the noble. The resistless barrier did not exist between assistant clerks and clerks. A part of assistant clerks became clerks. However, in the first place the assistant clerks from the noble class raised their social status.
1. Demidova, N.F. Sluzhilaja bjurokratija v Rossii XVII v. i ee rol' v formirovanii absoljutizma [Serving bureaucracy in Russia of the XVII century and its role in the development of absolutism]. M.: Nauka, 1987. 228 p. (in Russian)
2. Novgorodskie piscovye knigi, izdannye Arheograficheskoj komissiej [Novgorod scribe books, published by the Archeological commission]. V. VI. St. Petersburg, 1910. 546 p. (in Russian)
3. Kisterev, S.N. The acts of Moscow Chudov monastery 1507-1606 years. Russkij diplomatarij — Russian diplomatary. Issue 9. M., 2003. P. 59-234 (in Russian).
4. Piscovye knigi Novgorodskoj zemli [Scribe books of Novgorod land]. V. 2. St. Petersburg: Dmitrij Bulanin, 1999. 364 p. (in Russian).
5. Veselovskij S.B. D'jaki i pod'jachie XV—XVII vv. [Lectors and sublectors XV-XVII centuries]. M.: Nauka, 1975. 608 p. (in Russian)
6. Akty social'no-jekonomicheskoj istorii Severo-Vostochnoj Rusi konca XIV—nachala XVI v. [The acts of the social-economic history of the North-Eastern Russ of the end of XIV—the beginning of XVI]. V. 1. M.: Publ. AN SSSR, 1952. 804 p. (in Russian)
7. Rossijskaja gosudarstvennaja biblioteka. Nauchno-issledovatel'skij otdel rukopisej [Russian state library. Scientific-investigating department of manuscripts]. Fond 303. B. 518 (in Russian).
8. Sbornik Russkogo istoricheskogo obshhestva [The collection of the Russian historical society]. Saint-Petersburg, 1882. Vol. 35. 289 p. (in Russian)
9. Duhovnye i dogovornye gramoty velikih i udel'nyh knjazej XIV—XVI vv. [Ecclesiastical and contractual documents of the Grand and apanage princes of the XIVth—XVIth centuries]. M.-L.: Academy of Sciences of USSR Publ., 1950. 592 p. (in Russian)
10. Akty feodal'nogo zemlevladenija i hozjajstva XIV-XVI vekov [The statements of feudal land ownership and economy XIVth-XVIth centuries]. Part 1. Moscow: Publ. Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1951. 402 p. (in Russian)
11. Tysjachnaja kniga 1550 g. i Dvorovaja tetrad' 50-h godov XVI v. [The Thousandth Book of the 1550 year and the Yard Notebook of the 50-s years of the XVIth century]. Moscow.-L.: Publ. Academy of Sciences of USSR, 1950. 456 p. (in Russian)
12. Zimin, A.A. Clerk’s apparat in Russia of the second half of the XVth—the first third of the XVIth century. Istoricheskie zapiski — The historical extracts. Extract 87. Moscow, 1971. P. 219-286 (in Russian).
13. Samokvasov, D.Ja. Arhivnyj material [The archival material]. Vol. 1. Part 2. Moscow, 1905. 522 p. (in Russian)
14. Antonov, A.V. The private archives of the Russian feudal lords of the XVth—the beginning of the XVIIth century. Russkij diplomatarij — The Russian diplomatary The 8th issue. Moscow, 2002 (in Russian).
15. Akty Troickogo Kaljazina monastyrja XVI v. [The statements of the Troickij Kljazin abbey of the XVIth century]. Moscow — Saint-Petersburg: Al'jans-Arheo, 2007. 248 p. (in Russian)
16. Antonov, A.V. Cost and insurance records of the 1527-1571 years. Russkij diplomatarij — The Russian diplomatary. Extract 10. Moscow, 2004. p. 8-79 (in Russian).
17. Akty Russkogo gosudarstva 1505-1526 gg. [The statements of the Russian country of the 1505-1526 years]. Moscow: Nauka, 1975. 436 p. (in Russian)
18. Shumakov, S.A. Obzor «Gramot Kollegii jekonomii» [The review of “The documents of the Economy College”]. The 4th issue. Moscow, 1917. 693 p. (in Russian)
19. Rossijskaja gosudarstvennaja biblioteka. Nauchno-issledovatel'skij otdel rukopisej [The Russian State Library. The Research Department of Manuscripts]. Fund 303. Book 530 (in Russian).
20. Piscovye knigi Moskovskogo gosudarstva XVI v. [The cadastres of the Moscow state of the XVIth century]. Part 1. Section 1. Saint-Petersburg, 1872. 931 p. (in Russian)
21. Perechen' aktov arhiva Troice-Sergieva monastyrja 1505-1537 [The list of the statements of the archive of the Troice-Sergiev abbey of the 1505-1537 years]. Moscow: Nauka, 2007. 539 p. (in Russian)
22. Antonov, A.V., Krom, M.M. The list of the Russian captives in Lithuania of the first half of the XVI century. Arhiv russkoj istorii — The archive of the Russian history. The 7th issue. Moscow, 2002. p. 149-196 (in Russian).
23. Pamjatniki diplomaticheskih otnoshenij drevnej Rossii s derzhavami inostrannymi [The monuments of the diplomatic relations of the Ancient Russia with the foreign states]. Vol. 1. Saint-Petersburg, 1851. 839 p. (in Russian)
24. Dunaev, B.I. Maksim Grek i grecheskaja ideja na Rusi v XVI veke [Maxim the Greek and the Greek idea in Russia in the XVIth century]. Appendix. Moscow, 1916. 95 p. (in Russian)
25. Gnevnushev, A.M. Piscovaja kniga Vodskoj pjatiny 1540 g. [The cadastres of the Vodskaja pjatina of the 1540 year]. The 1st issue. Novgorod, 1917. 304 p. (in Russian)
26. Piscovye knigi Moskovskogo gosudarstva XVI v. [The cadastres of the Moscow State of the XVIth century]. Part 1. Section 2. Saint-Petersburg, 1877. 1601 p. (in Russian)
27. Koreckij, V.I. Opened anew documents of Novgorod and Pskov of the XIVth-XVth centuries. Arheograficheskij ezhegodnik za 1967 god — The Archeological annual of the 1967. Moscow, 1969. p. 275-290 (in Russian).
28. Akty social'no-jekonomicheskoj istorii Severo-Vostochnoj Rusi konca XIV— nachala XVI v. [The statements of the socio-economic history of the Northeast Russia of the end of the XIVth—the beginning of the XVI centuries]. Vol. 2. Moscow, 1958. 727 p. (in Russian)
29. Piscovye knigi Novgorodskoj zemli [Novgorod's Scribe books]. T. 6. Moscow, 2009. 382 p. (in Russian)
30. Akty feodal'nogo zemlevladenija i hozjajstva [Acts of the feudal land ownership and management]. Part 2. Moscow: USSR Academy of Sciences Publ., 1956. 665 p. (in Russian).
31. Al'shic, D.N. The new document about the people and the court orders of «oprichnina» Ivan the Terrible after 1572. Istoricheskij arhiv — Historical Archive. V. 4. Moscow, 1949 (in Russian).