Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2013
About the author:,
Abstract:This article research results the character of folklore of northern altains. The subject for the study were the dogs, bears and waterfowls. The above images are observed in the folklore of the neighboring nations. Study of folklore neighboring folks showed that such materials have Selkup, Khanty and Mansi. Modern studies of historical anthropology and genetics have reported an association between the northern altains and Samoyed peoples origin. Our study shows that motifs associated with the dog in the epos of northern altains occupy a peripheral position. Artistic image of a bear in the folklore of the northern altains ambiguous. In some myths northern altains bear is a creature of Kuday (God). In some ceremonies observed relationship bear with the lower world. Analysis of waterfowl showed a clearer situation. In the folklore of northern altains of birds is the Creator of the Earth. Comparing folklore northern Altains with Finno-Ugric mythology, we concluded, he refers to the «Samoyed cluster».
1. Molodin, V.I., Voevoda, M.I. Naselenie Gornogo Altaja v jepohu rannego zheleznogo veka kak jetnokul’turnyj fenomen: proishozhdenie, genezis, istoricheskie sud’by (po dannym arheologii, antropologii, genetiki) [The population of Altai in the Early Iron Age as ethnocultural phenomenon: the origin, genesis, historical fate (according to archeology, anthropology, genetics)]. Novosibirsk: Siberian Branch Russian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography publ., 2003. 286 p. (in Russian)
2. Kotov, V.G., Nafikov, Sh.V. Ural-Altaic mythological unity according to the mythology of the South Ural. Potanin, G.N. i narody Altae-Sajanskogo gornogo regiona: cherez pokolenija v budushhee — Potanin, G.N. and the peoples of the Altai-Sayan region: through the generations into the future. Gorno-Altaisk, 2005. Pp. 121-126 (in Russian).
3. Tuba (chernevye tatary) Jetnicheskaja istorija. Tradicionnaja hozjajstvennaja dejatel’nost’. Kul’tura. Jetnojekologija [Tuba (chernevye tatars) Ethnic History. Traditional economical activities. Culture]. Barnaul: Altai, 2008. 325 p. (in Russian)
4. Kandarakova, E.P. Altajskij fol’klor: Sbornik ustnogo narodnogo tvorchestva [Altajskij folklore: Collection of folklore]. Gorno-Altaisk: Gorno-Altaisk’s department of book publishing, 1988. 216 p. (in Russian)
5. Hangalov, M.M. Sobranie sochinenij [Collected works]. Ulan Ude, 1959. T. 2. P. 120 (in Russian).
6. Bichurin, I.Ja. Sobranie svedenij o narodah, obitavshih v Srednej Azii v drevnie vremena [The collection of information about the Peoples Inhabiting in Central Asia in ancient times]. M.: 1950, T. 1. P. 144-176 (in Russian).
7. Kandarakova, E.P. Obychai i tradicii chalkancev [Customs and traditions of Chalkancev]. Gorno-Altaisk, 1999. 176 p. (in Russian)
8. Potapov, L.P. Ocherki narodnogo byta tuvincev [Sketches of Tuvinian national life]. M.: Nauka, 1969. 400 p. (in Russian)
9. Pelih, G.I. Sel’kupskaja mifologija [Selkup mythology]. Tomsk: NTP, 1998. 80 p. (in Russian)
10. Baulo, A.V. Dog. The dictionary entry. Mifologija mansi (jenciklopedija ural’skoj mifologii) — Mythology Mansi (Encyclopedia of Ural mythology). Novosibirsk: Institut arheologii i jetnografii (Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences) publ., 2001.T. II. P. 132-133 (in Russian).
11. Golubkova, O.V. Cat and dog in the mythos-ritual traditions of the Slavic and Finno-Ugric peoples. Gumanitarnye nauki s Sibiri — Humanities from Siberia. 2004. № 3.P. 57-61 (in Russian).
12. Shinzhin, I.B. Tropoj, prolozhennoj vekami: zhizn’ i tvorchestvo skazitel’nicy N.P. Chernoevoj [Trail laid by centuries: the life and work of narrator N.P. Chernoeva]. Gorno-Altaisk. 20 p. (in Russian)
13. Radlov, V.V. Iz Sibiri [From Siberia]. M.: Nauka, 1989. 718 p. (in Russian)
14. Tuchkova, N.A. Mirovozzrenie. Outlook. Mythology. Cult. Narody Zapadnoj Sibiri. Hanty. Mansi. Sel’kupy. Nency. Jency. Nganasany. Kety — The people of Western Siberia. Khanty. Mansi. Selkups. Nenets. Enets. Nganasans. Chum. M.: Nauka, 2005. Ch. 7.P. 368-378 (in Russian).
15. Geroicheskie skazanija, zapisannye ot narodnogo skazitelja N.U. Ulagasheva [Heroic tales recorded by by folk narrator N.U. Ulagasheva]. Gorno-Altai: Gorno-Altai Book Publisher, 1961. 222 p. (in Russian)
16. Kandarakova, E.P. Legendy Severnogo Altaja (na materiale chalkanskogo fol’klora) [Legends of the North Altai (based on Chalkan folklore)]. Gorno-Altajsk: The Agency of cultural and historical heritage of the Republic of Altai, 1994. 83 p. (in Russian)
17. Lukina, N.V., Novik, E.S. Mify, predanija, skazki hantov i mansi [Myths, legends, tales of Khanty and Mansi]. M.: Nauka, 1990. 568 p. (in Russian)
18. Mujtueva, V.A. Tradicionnaja religiozno-mifologicheskaja kartina mira altajcev [Traditional religious and mythological worldview the Altaian people]. Gorno-Altajsk, 2004. 166 p. (in Russian)