Release:Vesntik TSU. History. 2013
About the authors:Viktor P. Karpov, Dr. Sci. (Hist.), Professor, Department of Humanities and Technologies, Industrial University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:An attempt to reveal the main objectives of the Russian government and ways of attaining them in the main periods of the Arctic exploration is maid. Penetration in Siberia by russians increased economic and political significance of Russia. The idea of a powerful «Siberian rear», creation of large economic potential of the region can be traced back to the government’s plans in the ХIХ and especially in the ХХ century, although the industrialization of the macro-region due to its immense space was of local character: gradually, from the west to the east, socio-economic large-scale projects of national importance were realized. The basic tendency to the development of Russian North during the entire ХХ century was solution to national problems associated with the growth of the economic potential of the country, increasing its military and defense capability. Not every Soviet experience can be applied in modern Russia, but actuality of the ideas of complex development of the productive forces is not in doubt. They are especially important for the Arctic regions. The modern development problems of the high latitudes areas of the Russian Federation are considered as well as the attempts of the conceptualization of State Northern policy. The necessity of rebirth of the Northern Sea Route was proven.
1. Karpov, V.P. Yamal in modern historiography. Izvestija Ural'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Proceedings of the Ural State University. 2011. No. 4. P. 176-180 (in Russian).
2. Istorija Jamala [History of Yamal]. In 2 vol. Ed. by Alexeev V.V. Yekaterinburg: Basco, 2010. Vol. I. Traditional Yamal. 740. Vol. II. Contemporary Yamal. 696 (in Russian).
3. Atlas Jamalo-Neneckogo avtonomnogo okruga [Atlas of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District]. Omsk, 2004. 304 p.
4. Izuchenie i osvoenie Arkticheskoj zony Rossii v XVIII—nachale XXI vv. [Study and development of the Arctic zone of Russia in the eighteenth century—the beginning of the twenty-first century]. Documents and materials digest. Ed. by Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences Lamin V.A. Novosibirsk: Siberskoye Nauchnoye publ., 2011. 329 p. (in Russian).
5. Zhukov, Ju.N. Stalin: arkticheskij shhit [Stalin: Arctic Shield]. Moscow: Vagrius, 2008. 544 p. (in Russian).
6. Timoshenko, A.I. The Soviet model of management development of Arctic and the Northern Sea Route in 1920. Aktual'nye problemy rossijskoj gosudarstvennoj politiki v Arktike (XX-nachalo XXI vv.) — Urgent problems of Russian state policy in the Arctic (XX–early XXI cent.). Novosibirsk: Siberian Scientific Publ., 2011. P. 57-81; Timoshenko, A.I. Russian experience in the study and development of the Arctic spaces. Gumanitarnye nauki v Sibiri — Humanities in Siberia. 2012. No. 1. P. 3-7 (in Russian)
7. Snegirev, V. Temperature by Arthur. Rossijskaja gazeta — Russian newspaper.2012. January 27 (in Russian).
8. Timoshenko, A.I. Russian regional policy in the Arctic in the XX-XXI centuries: Issues of strategic continuity. Aktual'nye problemy rossijskoj gosudarstvennoj politiki v Arktike (XX—nachalo XXI vv.) — Urgent issues of Russian state policy in the Arctic (XX—early XXI cent.). P. 4-17 (in Russian).
9. Popova, N. Bogatyr in the Northern Sea Route. Argumenty nedeli — Week arguments. 2011. December 1 (in Russian).
10. Karpov, V.P. Yamal in the «Strategy 2020». Gornye vedomosti — Mountain Gazette. 2012. No. 2. P. 92-97 (in Russian).