Release:Vesntik TSU. Sociology (#8 ). 2014
About the authors:Yana N. Dashina,
Abstract:In the article the theory of social anomy and deviant behavior is applied to analyze the spread of drug addiction among young people. Authors note the influence of the transformation of social institutions in Russia on the growth of narcotization. In the country since the 1990s there is a gap between socially approved goals and socially approved means of achieving them. These abrupt changes in the Russian society lead to increase of anomy. Unstable social life complicates the formation of moral values, adequate perspectives in life goals, which leads to higher deviations, including drug abuse. The theoretical part is supplied with a sociological research of the drug situation in the Tyumen Region, held in 2013. The results showed that a quarter of respondents came across the problem of drug addiction, 2% used drugs themselves. Furthermore, young people are more informed about all studied aspects of the problem, than the older generation.
1. Report of the International Drugs Control Board for 2013. URL: http://www.incb.org/documents/Publications/AnnualReports/AR2013/Russian/AR 2013 R.pdf.(accessed date: 06.06.14). (in Russian).
2. Regions of Russia. Socio-Economic Indicators. 2000-2013 years] URL: http://www.gks.ru
3. Pataki, F. Some problems of digressive (deviant) behavior. Psikhologicheskii
zhurnal — Psychological Journal. 1987. T. 8. № 4. Pp. 92-102. (in Russian).
4. Durkheim, E. Samoubiistvo: Sotsiologicheskii etiud [Suicide: A sociological study] / Transl. fr. Fr.; Ed. by V.A. Bazarov. Moscow, 1994. P. 16. (in Russian).
5. Merton, R. Sotsial'naia teoriia i sotsial'naia struktura [Social Theory and Social
Structure]. Moscow, 2006. P. 261. (in Russian).
6. Cloward, R., Ohlin, L. Delinquency and Opportunity: A Theory of Delinquent Gangs. Glencoe, IL: Free Press. 1960.
7. Buravoi, M. Transit without transformation: Russia's involution to capitalism.
SOTsIS — SOCIS. 2009. № 9. (in Russian).
8. Kleshchenko, A.A. Deviant behavior of modern youth as a manifestation of social anomy. Istoricheskie, filosofskie, politicheskie i iuridicheskie nauki, kul'turologiia i iskusstvovedenie. Voprosy teorii i praktiki — Historical, philosophical, political and legal sciences, cultural studies and art criticism. Problems of Theory and Practice. 2012. № 6. Part 1. Pp. 112-115. (in Russian).
9. Kravchenko, A.I. Sotsiologiia deviantnosti [Sociology of Deviance]. Moscow, 2006. 533 p. (in Russian).
10. Rossiiskii statisticheskii ezhegodnik. 2013 [Statistical Yearbook of Russia. 2013].Moscow, 2013. P. 242. (in Russian).
11. Sotsiokul'turnaia evoliutsiia i dinamika sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiia
Tiumenskogo regiona. Kollektivnaia monografiia [Socio-cultural Evolution and Dynamics of Socio-economic Development of the Tyumen Region. A collective monograph] / Prepared and revised by G.F. Romashkina, V.A. Davydenko. Tyumen, 2013. 333 p. (in Russian).
12. Romashkina, G.F., Andrianova, E.V., Davydenko, V.A. et. al. Sotsiokul'turnyi portret Tiumenskoi oblasti. Kollektivnaia monografiia [Sociological Portrait of the Tyumen Region]. Tyumen: Tyumen Regional Duma, 2007. 356 p. (in Russian).
13. Tiumenskaia oblast' v tsifrakh: Krat. stat. sb. v 4-kh chastiakh. Ch. 1 [Tyumen
Region in Figures: a Brief Statistical Collection in 4 parts. P. 1]. Tyumen, 2014. P. 59.
14. Romashkina, G.F., Dashina, Ia.N. Impact of drug abuse on the socio-economic
development of the region (on the basis of the Tyumen Region). Sovremennye problem naukii obrazovaniia — Modern Problems Of Science And Education. 2013. № 6. P. 980. (in Russian).