Release:Bulletin of Tyumen State University. Medico-Biological Sciences (№6). 2014
About the authors:Sergei A. Petrov, Dr. Med. Sci., Leading Scientific Researcher, Research Institute of
Abstract:The article dwells on immune characteristics of tundra Nenets and their connection with climatic and geographical living conditions in the North zone of the Harasavey-Novourengoy subzone of the Ustpur-Tazov region and in the Central zone of the Igarko-Numtinsk subzone of the Pur region. Reduction of the absolute count of leukocytes and neutrophils has been registered among the tundra Nenets in the Ustpur-Tazov region, which is compensated by an increase in the relative count of monocytes and lymphocytes and a 4.5-fold activation of the humoral immune system.The climatic and geographic conditions of the Ustpur-Tazov region, in comparison with the Pur region, are characterized by an increase in the thickness of permafrost, average annual wind speed, and relative humidity; and a decrease in the mean annual air temperature, precipitation, and snow depth. A reliable correlation between the climatic conditions of residence (air temperature, amount of precipitation, wind velocity, relative humidity and snow depth) and the immune characteristics of the tundra Nenets (leukocytes, lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, basophils, СD3+, СD95+ neutrophils, immunoglobulins A and M) has been shown.
1. Obraztsov, L.N. Medico-ecological review of the North European part of Russia. Problemy okruzhaiushchei sredy i prirodnykh resursov — Problems of environment and natural resources. 2001. № 10. Pp. 18-129. (in Russian).
2. Tikhonov, D.G. Arkticheskaia meditsina: Kak sokhranit' zdorov'e v usloviiakh kholodnogo klimata [Arctic medicine: How to maintain health in the conditions of cold climate] / Ed. by V.A. Galkin, M.I. Tomskii. Moscow, 2010. 328 p. (in Russian).
3. Sever kak ob"ekt kompleksnykh regional'nykh issledovanii [The North as the object of integrated regional studies] / Ed. by V.N. Lazhentsev. Syktyvkar, 2005. 512 p. (in Russian).
4. Geokriologiia SSSR. Zapadnaia Sibir' [USSR Geocryology. Western Siberia]. / Ed. by E.D. Ershov. Moscow, 1989. 454 p. (in Russian).
5. Klimatologicheskii spravochnik SSSR. Vypusk 17. Meteorologicheskie dannye zaotdel'nye gody. Chast' I. Temperatura vozdukha. Chast' II. Osadki. Chast' III. Snezhnyi pokrov [Climatological references book of the USSR. Vol. 17. Meteorological data for individual years. Part I. Temperature. Part II. Rainfall. Part III. Snow cover] / Ed. by A.A. Shumanova. Leningrad, 1956. 154 p. (in Russian).
6. Klimatologicheskii spravochnik SSSR. Vypusk 17. Meteorologicheskie dannye za otdel'nye gody. Chast' IV. Veter [Climatological references book of the USSR. Vol. 17. Meteorological data for individual years. Part IV. Wind] / Ed. by A.A. Shumanova. Leningrad, 1961. 581 p. (in Russian).
7. Klimatologicheskii spravochnik SSSR. Vypusk 17. Meteorologicheskie dannye za otdel'nye gody. Chast' V. Vlazhnost' vozdukha [Climatological references book of the USSR. Vol. 17. Meteorological data for individual years. Part V. Humidity] / Ed. by A.A. Shumanova. Leningrad, 1961. 158 p. (in Russian).
8. Moskalenko, N.G. Antropogennye izmeneniia ekosistem Zapadno-Sibirskoi gazonosnoi provintsii [Anthropogenic changes in the ecosystems of the Western Siberian gas-bearing province]. Tyumen, 2006. 357 p. (in Russian).
9. Atlas Iamalo-Nenetskogo avtonomnogo okruga [Atlas of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous district] / Ed. by S. Larin. Omsk, 2004. 304 p. (in Russian).
10. Karol', I.L., Kattsov, V.M., Kiselev, A.A. O klimate po sushchestvu i vser'ez [Climate on the merits and seriously]. Moscow, 2008. 55 p. (in Russian).
11. Perevedentsev, Iu.P. Teoriia klimata [Theory of climate]. Kazan, 2009. 503 p. (in Russian).