Release:2015, Vol. 1. №3(3)
About the authors:Klavdiia A. Spasennikova, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Senior Researcher, Institute of Earth Cryosphere, Tyumen Scientific Centre of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences; email@example.com
Abstract:The paper is devoted to the impact assessment of water salinity on the rock permeability coefficient depending on the mineral composition of clay particles. In the experiments the thermodynamic conditions equivalent to the formation ones were created. Varying-salinity water — stratal water (16-20 g/l), 1 g/l was pumped through rock samples; NaCl was used as a dissolved salt. The dependence of the permeability change on the mica, kaolinite, and chlorite contents and separately on the content of mixed-layer minerals is built using the results of X-ray phase analysis. It is found that the mixed-layer minerals similar in properties to smectite group minerals, the main representative of which is montmorillonite, have the greatest impact on the reduction of permeability by changing water salinity of stratal water value (16-20 g/l) at 1 g/l. The most likely reasons for this behavior are: a) the fact of the destruction of the diffuse membranes of bound water by high concentration electrolytes, as a result of which the flow resistance factor by water bound to the surface of mineral particles is reduced or eliminated; b) the swelling of clay minerals in the presence of water, which is primarily typical for the minerals of smectite group.
1. Babaljan G. A. Fiziko-himicheskie processy v dobyche nefti [Physico-chemical Processes in Oil Production]. M.: Nedra, 1974. 200 p. (In Russian)
2. Bulatov A. I., Makarenko P. P., Proselkov Ju. M Burovye promyvochnye i tamponazhnye rastvory. Uchebnoe posobie dlja VUZov [Drilling Washing Solutions and Cementing Slurries. Textbook for universities and colleges]. M.: Nedra, 1999. 424 p. (In Russian)
3. Gimatudinov Sh. K. Fizika neftjanogo i gazovogo plasta: uchebnik [Physics of Oil and Gas Reservoirs: Textbook]. M.: Nedra, 1971. 312 p. (in Russian)
4. Gladkov P. D. Obosnovanie tehnologij fiziko-himicheskogo vozdejstvija na nizkopronicaemye polimiktovye kollektora [Substantiation of Technologies of Physical and Chemical Effects on Low-permeability Polymictic Reservoirs] // avtoref. dis. kand. teh. nauk [Abstract of Diss. Cand. Sci. (Engin.)]. SPb., 2012. 20 p. (In Russian)
5. Gol'dberg V. M., Skvorcov N. P. Pronicaemost' i fil'tracija v glinah [Permeability and Filtration of Clays]. M.: Nedra, 1986. 160 p. (In Russian)
6. Gol'dberg V. M. Gidrogeologicheskie prognozy kachestva podzemnyh vod na vodozaborah [Hydrogeological Predictions of Groundwater Quality in Water Intakes].
M.: Nedra, 1976. (In Russian)
7. GOST 26450.2-85. Porody gornye. Metody opredelenija kollektorskih svojstv. — Vved. 1985-02-27 [Rocks. Methods for Determination of Reservoir Properties — Effective 02/27/1985]. M.: Gosudarstvennyj standart Sojuza SSR [USSR State Standard].
8. Ershov Je. D. Obshhaja geokriologija [General Geocryology] / Je. D. Ershov (Ed.). M.: Nedra, 1990. 559 p. (In Russian)
9. Maslov N. N. Osnovy mehaniki gruntov i inzhenernoj geologii: ucheb. dlja transport. Vuzov [Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics and Engineering Geology: Textbook for Transport Universities]. M.: Vysshaja shkola [Higher School], 1968. 628 p. (In Russian)
10. OST 39-235-89. Neft'. Metod opredelenija fazovyh pronicaemostej v laboratornyh uslovijah pri sovmestnoj stacionarnoj fil'tracii. — Vved. 1989-02-06 [OST 39-235-89. Oil. Method for Determination of Effective Permeability in Laboratory Conditions at Combined Stationary Filtration. — Effective 02/06/1989]. Tipografija HOZU Minnefteproma [Printing Office of Administration and Maintenance, Ministry of Oil Industry of the USSR], 1989. 35 p. (In Russian)
11. Guggenheim S., Adams J. M., Bain D. C. Summary of recommendations of nomenclature committees relevant to clay mineralogy: report of the association internationale pour l’etude des argiles (aipea) nomenclature committee // Clays and Clay Minerals. 2006. Vol. 54. No 6. Pp. 761-772.