Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Valery A. Tabarin, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Radio Physics Department, Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Tyumen State University
Abstract:A push-pull magneto-optical modulator of laser radiation with an active element of the yttrium iron garnet is proposed. The disadvantages of conventional magneto-optical and electrooptical modulators of laser radiation operating in the near infrared (NIR) wavelength range (1.1-5.5 micron) are discussed. An optical scheme of the push-pull magneto-optical modulator is proposed. It is shown that the proposed optical modulator eliminates the losses of the net power of the input signal, when receiving weak signals allows obtaining a sufﬁciently large signal/noise ratio in the optical channel. This fact allows use the push-pull optical modulator in the remote control of surfaces, the ﬁber-optic communication, the data transmission and processing of information.
1. Tamir, T. Integrated optics. M.: Peace, 1978. 344 p.
2. Tabarin, V. A., Shestakov, A. V., Zhang, Y. V. and others. Remote laser gas analyzer of the new generation, are placed on unmanned aerial vehicles. Vehicles on alternative fuels. 2014.
№ 4 (40). Рp. 52-57.
3. Cooper, R. W., Page, J. L. Magneto-optic Light Modulators. The Radio and Electronics Engineer, 1970. Vol. 39. № 6. Рp. 302-304.
4. Cooper, R. W. Infra-red Intensity Modulators Using Faraday Rotation in YIG Electronics Applications Bulletin. Holland, 1972. Vol. 31. № 4. Рp. 244-257.
5. Chetkin, M. V., Shalygin, A. N., Faraday effect and modulation of infrared light in iron garnets. Quantum Electronics, 1978. Vol. 5. № 1. Рp. 158-159.
6. Tabarin, V. A., Demyantseva, S. D., Magneto-optical modulation of laser radiation intensity. Technology and Electronics, 1983. Vol. 23. № 3. Рp. 609-611.
7. Tabarin, V. A., Shadrin, G. A., Magneto-optical modulation of radiation three-mirror laser. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy 2009. Vol. 76. № 2. Рp. 187-193.