Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Ildar R. Asmandyarov, postgraduate, Tyumen State University, engineer
Abstract:Experimental installation for physical modeling of electromagnetic ﬁ elds in conducting media has been designed and constructed. In this installation an autonomous source in a sealed and shielded enclosure is immersed in a conductive medium, together with the radiating dipole, that allows to minimize the inﬂ uence of the connection lines. Potential distribution on the surface of a conductive medium induced by radiator is measured with continuous change of the distance between the sensor electrodes. The design of the stand provides the ability to measure the magnitude of the current ﬂ owing in the medium and the voltage on the shoulders of the dipole, which calculated the apparent resistance of the medium. The constructed installation has been used to carry-out experimental studies of the electromagnetic ﬁ eld in a homogeneous conducting medium, which showed qualitative agreement between mathematical and physical model. Experimental setup can be used in solving problems of development of devices designed to generate electromagnetic ﬁ elds in real conducting media, the development of wireless communication channels, and solutions for geophysical problems.
1. Karinsky, A. D. The solution of the direct problem of the theory of axisymmetric logging with excitation ﬁ eld by alternating current // Geophysics. 1998. Vol. 2. Рp. 20-28.
2. Kim, R. I., Tyuveev, A. V., Shibkov, A. N. Estimation inﬂuence of heterogeneity of sea water on the characteristics of the electromagnetic ﬁ eld near the bottom // Proceedings of the Far Eastern State Technical University. 2006. Vol. 142. Рp. 175-183.
3. Marinenko, A. V. Modelling electromagnetic field in the seas with a different distribution of the electrical conductivity of the water in depth // Interexpo Geo-Siberia. 2010. Vol. 2. Issue 2. Pp. 71-75.
4. Savchenko, A. O., Savchenko, O. J. Electromagnetic dipole ﬁeld in an anisotropic medium // Technical Physics. 2005. Vol. 75. Issue. 10. Рр.118-121.
5. Alpin, L. M., Daev, D. S., Karinsky, A. D. The ﬁeld theory, used in exploration geophysics. M.: Nedra, 1985. Рp. 267-312.
6. Zhdanov, M. S. Geophysical Electromagnetic Theory and Methods. Elsevier Sci. Amsterdam, 2009. 848 p.
7. AS Nakhabtsev The low-frequency electromagnetics linear harmonic ﬁeld sources. St. Petersburg: Nedra, 1992, 360 p.
8. Analog Devices. Datasheet AD8531. URL: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technicaldocumentation/data-sheets/AD8531_8532_8534.pdf (дата обращения 02.09.2011).
9. Mikheev, V. A., Pilipenko, V. A., Asmandiyarov, I. R. Physical and mathematical modeling of electromagnetic ﬁ elds in conducting half-space // International Research Journal. 2013.Vol. 10. Рр. 5-8.