Release:2015, Vol. 1. №2(2)
About the authors:Dmitry A. Molchanov, Chef Specialist, Tyumen Prtroleum Research Centre
Abstract:Formation of hydrate deposits (obstructions) in the producing oil well borehole is one of the urgent problems facing the oil and gas industry in the northern regions. The oil ﬂ ow within these obstructed sections may slow down or stop completely, which is unacceptable for the ﬁeld development. This paper studies the method aimed at predicting this event based on calculation of pressure and temperature distribution along the wellbore in accordance with the general equations of ﬂuid dynamics and thermal physics. The sections where hydrate formation is possible are predicted by means of hydrate-existing condition diagrams in the «pressure- temperature» coordinates, if we calculate the PT conditions in a wellbore and associated petroleum gas composition. It is shown that the consideration of associated gas composition displaces the projected depth of gas-hydrate formations for hundreds of meters.
1. Makogon, Y. F. Natural gas hydrates: habitat, models and resources // Russian Chemical Journal. T. 48. № 3. 2003. Рp.70-79.
2. Bondarev, E. A., Babe, G. D., Groysman, A. G. et al. The mechanics of hydrate formation in gas ﬂ ows. M.: Nauka (Siberian Branch), 1976. Vol. 158.
3. Vasilev, V. I., Popov, V. V., Timofeeva, T. S. Computational methods in the development of oil and gas ﬁ elds. Novosibirsk, 2000. Vol. 127.
4. Carroll, J., Natural gas hydrates. Translated from English. M.: Premium Engineering, 2007. Vol. 316.
5. Fedorov, K. M., Vershinin, V. E. Estimating the depth of hydrate formation in oil wells located in the permafrost zone // Vestnik of the Tyumen State University. № 7. 2013. Pp. 83-90.
6. Mukergy, H., Brill, J. P. Multiphase ﬂow in wells, Library of Petroleum Engineering. Moscow-Izhevsk, 2006. Vol. 384.
7. Brusilovskiy, A. I., Phase transformations in the development of oil and gas ﬁelds. М.: «Graal», 2002. Vol. 575.
8. Sloan, E. D. Introductory overview: Hydrate knowledge development // American mineralogist. 2004. Vol. 89.
9. Turner, D., Sloan, D. Hydrate Phase Equilibria Measurements and Predictions in Sediments. // Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Gas Hydrates. Yokohama, 2002.
10. Shabarov, A. B., Shirshova, A. V., Gasheva, S. S., Inﬂuence of physical and chemical oil properties to hydrate formation in water-in-oil emulsions // Higher educational institutions news: Oil and Gas. № 2. 2014. Pp. 88-93.