Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the authors:Amir A. Gubaidullin, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Сhief Researcher, Tyumen Branch of the Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences; eLibrary AuthorID, ORCID, Web of Science ResearcherID, Scopus AuthorID, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:Propagation of acoustic waves along the cylindrical bore in a permeable porous medium saturated with water-oil emulsion is investigated. Emulsion is modeled with Newtonian liquid characterized by effective viscosity. High-frequency pulse propagation and attenuation along the bore and in the surrounding porous medium are numerically studied in a bi-dimensional, axially symmetrical arrangement. It is shown that there are the greater attenuation along the bore and the smaller depth of penetration of perturbation into the porous medium for the water-oil emulsion or oil than for water in the bore and the porous medium.
1. White, J.E. Underground Sound: Application of Seismic Waves. Moscow: Nedra. 1986. 261 p. (in Russian).
2. Chao, G., Smeulders, D.M.J., Dongen, M.E.H., van. Shock-induced borehole waves in porous formations: Theory and experiments // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America.
Vol. 116(2). 2004. Pp. 693–702.
3. Hassan, W., Nagy, P. On the low-frequency oscillation of a fluid layer between two elastic plates // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America. Vol. 102(6).1997. Pp. 3343–3348.
4. Hsu, C.J., Kostek, S., Johnson, D.L. Tube waves and mandrel modes: Experiment and theory // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America. Vol. 102(6). 1997. Pp. 3277–3289.
5. Liu, H.-L. Borehole modes in a cylindrical fluid-saturated permeable medium // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America. Vol. 84(1). 1988. Pp. 424–431.
6. Norris, A.N. Stoneley-wave attenuation and dispersion in permeable formations // Geophysics. Vol. 54. № 3. 1989. Pp. 330–341.
7. Norris, A.N. The speed of a tube wave // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America. Vol. 87(1). 1990. Pp. 414–417.
8. Paillet, F.L., White, J.E. Acoustic modes of propagation in the borehole and their relationship to rock properties // Geophysics. Vol. 47. № 8. 1982. Pp. 1215–1228.
9. Tang, X.M., Cheng, C.H., Toksöz, M.N. Dynamic permeability and borehole Stoneley waves: A simplified Biot-Rosenbaum model // The Journal of the Acoustics Society of America. Vol. 90(3). 1991. Pp. 1632–1646.
10. Winkler, K.W., Liu, H.-L., Johnson, D.L. Permeability and borehole Stoneley waves: Comparison between experiment and theory // Geophysics. Vol. 54. № 1. 1989. Pp. 66–75.
11. Nigmatulin, R.I. Dynamics of multiphase media. Part 1. Moscow: Nauka, 1987. 464 p.
12. Gubaidullin, A.A., Boldyreva, O.Yu. Wave propagation along the boundary between a saturated porous medium and a liquid // Acoustics Journal. Vol. 52. № 2. 2006. Pp. 163–172. (in Russian).
13. Gubaidullin, A.A., Boldyreva, O.Yu. Waves on the surface between a saturated porous medium and a fluid // Papers of the Academy of Sciences. Vol. 409. № 3. 2006. Pp. 379–382. (in Russian).
14. Richtmyer, R.D., Morton, K.W. Difference methods for initial-value problems. Moscow: Mir. 1972. (in Russian).
15. Gubaidullin, A.A., Dudko, D.N. Modelling of the impact of air shock wave on obstacle covered by porous screen // Computational Mechanics. Vol. 31. № 6. 2003. Pp. 453–460.
16. The study of effect of “ragen” anaklarid on oil recovery. Report on research work. Contract of OOO Reagent. Tyumen. 2006. (in Russian).
17. Gubaidullin, A.A., Boldyreva, O.Yu., Dudko, D.N. Waves in porous media saturated with water-oil emulsion // Modern Science: Research, Ideas, Results and Technologies.№ 2(10). Kiev: NPVK Triakon. 2012. Pp. 96–100. (in Russian).