Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2014)
About the authors:Anatoliy A. Kislitsin, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Professor, Department of Experimental Physics and Nanotechnology, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:The results of new theoretical and experimental investigations of the drop cluster are expounded. Due to these results we introduced important changes and specifications into the aerodynamic model of the drop cluster, which we had published earlier. It is experimentally determined, that the temperature difference between the bottom and the top of the droplet reached 4 K, and the Marangoni number is 360. It stands for the existence of intensive thermo capillary flow in the droplet. The approximated analytic solution for the vortex flow into the droplet, circular streamlines and velocity components were found. Typical velocity of flow into the droplet is approximately v ~ 0.1 m/sec. The estimation of rotational velocity of the droplet is approximately ω ~ 102 sec-1. The velocity of trace micro particles, moving on the liquid surface by nearly of droplet, confirmed this value. However, the rotation of the droplet does not explain the lifting force, because the rotational velocity is by two orders less, then it is necessary. It is shown that the cause of the lifting force is the steam-air flow. The performed theoretical estimations agree with the experimental data.
1. Kislitsyn, A.A., Pak, V.S., Fedorets, A.A. The aerodynamic model of the drop cluster stability. Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2009. № 6. Pp. 102–107. (in Russian).
2. Fedorets, A.A. Drop cluster. Pis'ma v zhurnal eksperimental'noi i teoreticheskoi fiziki — Journal Experimental and Theoretical Physics Letters. 2004. V. 79. № 8. Pp. 372–374.
3. Fedorets, A.A., Marchuk, I.V., Kabov, O.A. The role of vapor flow in the mechanism of levitation of a drop cluster dissipative structure. Pis'ma v zhurnal tekhnicheskoi fiziki — Technical Physics Letters. 2011. V. 37. № 3. Pp. 116–118. (in Russian).
4. Arinshtein, E.A., Fedorets, A.A. Mechanism of energy dissipation in a drop cluster. Pis'ma v zhurnal eksperimental'noi i teoreticheskoi fiziki — Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics Letters. 2010. V. 92. № 10. Pp. 658–661. (in Russian).
5. Landau, L.D., Lifshits, E.M. Teoreticheskaia fizika. T. VI. Gidrodinamika [Theoretical Physics. Vol. VI. The Hydrodynamics]. Moscow: Nauka, 1988. 736 p.(in Russian).
6. Fedorets, A.A. On the mechanism of non-coalescence in a drop cluster. Pis'ma v zhurnal eksperimental'noi i teoreticheskoi fiziki — Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics Letters. 2005. V. 81. № 9. Pp. 437–441. (in Russian).
7. Fedorets, A.A. Usage of a drop cluster to visualize microscale gas and liquid flows. Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza — Fluid and Gas Dynamics. 2008. № 6. Pp. 923–926. (in Russian).
8. Fedorets, A.A. Mechanism of stabilization of location of a drop cluster above the liquid-gas interface. Pis'ma v zhurnal tekhnicheskoi fiziki — Technical Physics Letters. 2012. V. 38. № 21. Pp. 988–990. (in Russian).
9. Vargaftik, N.B. Spravochnik po teplofizicheskim svoistvam gazov i zhidkostei [Reference book of gas and liquid thermal properties]. Moscow: Nauka, 1972. 634 p. (in Russian).
10. Revkin, S.L., Aleksandrov, A.A. Teplofizicheskie svoistva vody i vodianogo para [Thermal properties of water and water vapor]. Moscow, 1980. 425 p. (in Russian).