Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2014)
About the authors:Andrei Yu. Botalov, Cand. Sci. (Phys-Math.), Researcher, Tyumen Branch of Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Siberian Branch of the RAS; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:In this paper, forced oscillation of the rigid body with a single degree of freedom with a rectangular cavity partially filled with viscous fluid is studied. There are outfit slat screens with different relative height slats in the cavity. The motion of the rigid body is described by a linear equation of oscillation; the motion of fluid in cavity is described by nonlinear Navier-Stockes equation. Fluid flow in oscillating cavity with slat screens is investigated. In addition, influence of the cavity with fluid on the oscillation amplitude of the rigid body is investigated. Cavity with fluid render adds damping effect on body oscillation and changes resonance frequency of body system with fluid. Installed two slat screens with a certain relative height slat increase the rate of energy dissipate of oscillation body as compared with the examined case. The case of finite depth is investigated. Flow is laminar, fluid is incompressible.
1. Sun, L. Semi-analytical modeling of Tuned Liquid Damper (TLD) with emphasis on damping of liquid sloshing, Ph.D., University of Tokyo, 1991. 156 p.
2. Love, J.S., Tait M.J. Parametric depth ratio study on tuned liquid dampers: fluid modelling and experimental work. Computers & Fluids. 2013. Vol. 79. Pp. 13-26.
3. Krabbenhoft, J. Shallow water Tuned Liquid Damper: modelling, simulation and experiments. Ph.D. Technical University of Denmark, 2010. 124 p.
4. Gardarsson S., Yeh H., Reed D. Behavior of sloped-bottom Tuned Liquid Dampers. J. Eng. Mech. 2001. Vol. 127. Pp. 266-271.
5. Tait, M.J. Modelling and preliminary design of a structure-TLD system. Engineering Structures. 2008. Vol. 30. Pp. 2644–2655.
6. Maravani M., Hamed M. S. Numerical modeling of sloshing motion in a tuned liquid damper outfitted with a submerged slat screen. Int. J. Numer. Meth. Fluids. 2011. Vol. 65. Pp. 834-855.
7. Souli, M., Zolesio, J.P. Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian and free surface methods in fluid mechanics. J. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Energ. 2001. Vol. 191. Pp. 451-466.
8. Kudinov, P. I. Chislennoe modelirovanie gidrodinamiki i teploobmena v zadachakh s konvektivnoi neustoichivost'iu i needinstvennym resheniem (Extended Abstract of Doct. Sci. Diss.) [Numerical simulation of fluid flow and heat transfer in problems with convective instability and non-unique solution (Dr. Sci. (Philos.) Diss.)]. Dnepropetrovsk, 1999. 229 p.
9. Thompson, Joe F., Warsi, Z.U.A., Mastin Wayne C. Numerical Grid Generation: Foundations and Applications. Elsevier, New York, 1985.
10. Hairer, E., Nyorsett, S., Wanner, G. Reshenie obyknovennykh differentsial'nykh uravnenii. Nezhestkie zadachi [Solving ordinary differential equations. Non-rigid problems] / Transl. fr. Eng. Moscow, 1990. 512 p. (in Russian).