Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2014)
About the authors:Vladimir P. Dubov, Cand. Sci. (Phys-Math.), Associate Professor, Radio Physics Department, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:It is proposed to use alternating current to supply power to industrial helium-neon lasers. An approximate scheme of laser power supply with alternating current and the description of its work are provided in the article. The advantages and disadvantages of this method of supply and its possible applications in scientific and applied work are discussed. It is noted that the proposed method enables to receive the radiation of 100% modulated amplitude without additional devices for modulation. An important feature of it is the absence of polarized components that occur while the operation of industrial helium-neon lasers with constant current mode. The article describes the experiments that prove the absence of polarized laser radiation when powered with alternating current. The fact that the proposed method enables installation in various vehicles, such as cars, helicopters, etc. is of great practical importance.
1. Birnbaum, G. (1964) Optical Masers. New York.
2. Krylov, K.I., Prokopenko, V.T., Tarlykov, V.A. Osnovy lazernoi tekhniki [Basics of laser equipment]. Leningrad, 1990. 92 p. (in Russian).
3. Tabarin, V.A., Shadrin, G.A. Magnitoopticheskaia moduliatsiia izlucheniia trekhzerkal'nogo lazera [Magnetic-optical modulation of three-mirror laser radiation]. Surgut, 1985. 12 p.
4. Tabarin, V.A, Dem'iantseva, S.D. Moduliatsiia poter' rezonatora OKG magnitoopticheskoi iacheikoi (tezisy doklada) [Modulation of the laser cavity losses by magneto-optical cell (abstracts)]. 4-ia Vsesoiuznaia konferentsiia po fizicheskim osnovam peredachi informatsii lazernym izlucheniem [4th All-Union Conference on Physical Principles of Information Transmission by Laser Radiation]. Kiev, 1976. 87 p. (in Russian).
5. Shustov, M.A. Prakticheskaia skhemotekhnika. Preobrazovateli napriazheniia [Practical circuit design. Voltage converters]. Moscow, 2002. 189 p. (in Russian).
6. Zhang, S., Holzapfel, W. Orthogonal Polarization in Lasers: Physical Phenomena and Engineering Applications. Tsinghua University Press, 2013. 13 p.
7. Isknor, N.R.. Polarization and Hopping in a Gas Laser. Department of Physics, University of Waterloo, 1966. 34 p.
8. Garmonov, A.A., Kositsyn, V.E., Kuznetsov, S.V., Montanari S.G. Vertoletnyi lazernyi lokator utechek metana "Aeropoisk-3M" [Aeropoisk-3M helicopter laser locator of methane leakages. In Diagnostics of Pipelines 3d International Conference]. Moscow, 2001. 332 p.