Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2014)
About the authors:Aleksandr A. Vakulin, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Professor, Department of Applied and Technical Physics, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:The process of fluid outflow from a flat semi-infinite channel space, flooded with another fluid, caused by the difference of densities is considered. A semi-infinite horizontal channel of finite height is filled with fluid and fully immersed in any fluid. Equilibrium is impossible due to the difference in medium density. The flow begins at the start time. Heavy fluid invades the channel and removes the light one. When changing the roles, heavy fluids flow through the bottom of the inlet section and are replaced by light ones. It is necessary to describe the propagation of a repression wave in the channel. The main objective is to determine the quantitative estimates and qualitative features of the process. This study complements the solution of the problem of oil spills in the guillotine rupture of submarine pipeline. A self-similar solution of the equations of motion is built. The comparison of the nature of light and heavy fluids outflow is presented.
1. Kutushev, A.G., Tatosov, A.V. Free flow of viscous fluid in the pipe in flooded space. Vestnik Tiumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta — Tyumen State University Herald. 2005. № 4.
Pp. 82–86. (in Russian).
2. Kranenburg, C. Exchange flow of oil and sea-water in a ruptured submarine pipeline. Applied Ocean Research. 1984. Vol. 6. № 1. Pp. 23-30.
3. Kranenburg, C., Vegt, E. Leakage from ruptured submarine oil pipeline. Journal of Transportation Engineering. 1985. Vol. 111. № 5. Pp. 570-579.
4. Zonenko, V.I., Kim, B.I., Minaev, V.I. Simulation of oil spills in ruptured submarine pipeline. Neftepromyslovoe delo i transport nefti — Petroleum Engineering and Transport of Oil. 1985.
№ 11. Pp. 24–26. (in Russian).
5. Ishmukhametov, I.T., Isaev, S.L., Lur'e, M.V., Makarov, S.P. Truboprovodnyi transport nefteproduktov [Pipeline transportation of petroleum products]. Moscow, 1999. 565 p.
6. Vainshtok, S.M. Truboprovodnyi transport nefti [Pipeline crude oil transportation]. Moscow, 2002. 453 p. (in Russian).
7. Loitsianskii, L.G. Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza [Fluid mechanics]. Moscow, 2003. 847 p.
8. Landau, L.D., Lifshits, E.M. Gidrodinamika [Hydrodynamics]. Moscow: Nauka, 1988. 731 p. (in Russian).
9. Sedov, L.I. Mekhanika sploshnoi sredy. T. 1 [Continuum mechanics. Vol. 1]. Moscow:Nauka, 1984. 529 p. (in Russian).
10. Betchelor, Dzh. Vvedenie v dinamiku zhidkosti [An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics]. / Transl. fr. Eng. Izhevsk, 2004. 768 p.