Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2014)
About the authors:Nail G. Musakaev, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Chief Researcher, Tyumen Branch of Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Professor, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:The article tells about the solution methods of one-dimensional radial problem of heat transfer in the permafrost formations surrounding a well. The mathematical model of this problem is given. To solve the problem, four numerical methods are considered: enthalpy method with explicit scheme, method of catching the front in a mesh point with implicit scheme, method of catching the front in a mesh point using six-point symmetric scheme and quasi-steady approach. A self-similar solution enabling calculation of the thawing radius in permafrost formations is obtained and used to assess the use of numerical methods (the comparison of the results of self-similar solutions and the results of calculations of the thawing radius by enthalpy method is presented in the article). It is also presented the comparative analysis of numerical solutions of the problem of heat transfer in permafrost formations using different numerical methods. The results of the work are the self-similar solution for the radial Stefan problem and the preferred choice of a numerical method, which provides high accuracy and the highest rate of calculating the radius of thawing and temperature distribution in the permafrost formations surrounding a well.
1. Bakhmat, G.V., Kislitsyn, A.A. et al. Issledovanie teplovykh protsessov na ob"ektakh truboprovodnogo transporta: Uchebnoe posobie [Researching of thermal processes on the objects of pipeline transportation. Textbook]. Tyumen, 2008. 216 p. (in Russian).
2. Samarskii, A.A., Gulin, A.V. Chislennye metody: uchebnoe posobie dlia vuzov [Numerical methods: textbook for colleges]. Moscow: Nauka, 1989. 432 p. (in Russian).
3. Pavlov, A.R. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie protsessov teplomassoperenosa pri fazovykh perekhodakh. Uchebnoe posobie [Mathematical modeling of heat and mass transfer at the transition phase. Textbook]. Yakutsk, 2001. 55 p. (in Russian).
4. Shagapov, V.Sh., Musakaev, N.G. Heat transfer in the well with surrounding formations. Inzhenerno-fizicheskii zhurnal — Journal of Engineering Physics. 1998. V. 71. № 6.
Pp. 1134–1140. (in Russian).
5. Pudovkin, M.A., Salamatin, A.N., Chugunov, V.A. Temperaturnye protsessy v deistvuiushchikh skvazhinakh [Thermal pro cesses in production wells]. Kazan, 1977. 168 p.
6. Medvedskii, R.I. Stroitel'stvo i ekspluatatsiia skvazhin na neft' i gaz v vechnomerzlykh porodakh [Construction and operation of oil and gas wells in permafrost]. Moscow: Nedra, 1987. 230 p. (in Russian).
7. Musakaev, N.G., Romaniuk, S.N., Borodin, S.L. Numerical research of the front motion phase transition in permafrost. Izvestiia vuzov. Neft' i gaz — Proceedings of Higher Educational Institutions. Oil and Gas. 2011. № 6. Pp. 122–128. (in Russian).
8. Chiskholm, D. Dvukhfaznye techeniia v truboprovodakh i teploobmennikakh [Twophase flows in pipelines and heat exchangers] / Transl. fr. Eng. Moscow: Nedra, 1986. 204 p.
9. Burger, J., Sourieau, P., Combarnous, M. Recuperation assistee du petrole les methods thermiques. Paris, 1988.
10. Tikhonov, A.N., Samarskii, A.A. Uravneniia matematicheskoi fiziki [Equations of mathematical physics]. Moscow: Nauka, 1977. 735 p. (in Russian).