Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2013)
About the authors:Dmitry V. Zhuravsky, Head of the Laboratory of Beam-Plasma Technology in REC “Nanotechnology , Tyumen State University
Abstract:For the development of an effective silicon-based light source the 30-100 nm thickness layers of silicon nitride with a controlled composition and a low electrical resistivity have been obtained by the method of magnetron deposition. We have found the conditions of magnetron discharge burning under which the samples of nitride films of SiN1.33stoichiometric composition, SiN samples with 7-10% silicon supersaturation and SiN1.2 samples with 2-3% silicon supersaturation have been produced. The method of magnetron deposition of the silicon nitride layers was chosen because it provides a more homogeneous distribution of elements over a layer thickness in comparison with the alternative method of chemical precipitation from the gas phase. The control over the composition of the silicon nitride layers was carried out by measuring the characteristics of magnetron discharge. It is shown that the required degree of silicon supersaturation in the layer can be controlled by the voltage discharge at a constant nitrogen pressure. The employed method of control is more accurate than the method of spectral analysis of an optical radiation of magnetron discharge plasma. The second control method provides insufficient measuring accuracy due to the low intensity of nitrogen and silicon lines in the operating range of nitrogen pressure.
1. Tong, J.F., Hsiao, H.L., Hwang, H.L. Adjustable emissions from silicon-rich oxide films prepared by plasma-enhanced chemical-vapor deposition. Appl. Phys. Lett. 1999. Vol. 74.
2. Zhou, X.D., Ren, F., Xiao, X.H., Cai, G.X., Jiang, C.Z. Influence of annealing temperatures and time on the photoluminescence properties of Si nanocrystals embedded in SiO2 // Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physical Research. B. 2009. Vol. 267. P. 3437.
3. Photopoulos, P., Nassiopoulou, A.G. Room– and low–temperature voltage tunable electroluminescence from a single layer of silicon quantum dots in between two thin SiO2 layers. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2000. Vol. 77. P. 1816.
4. Franzo, G., Irrera, A., Moreira, C., Miritello, M., Iacona, F., Sanfilippo, D., Di Stefano, G., Fallica, P.G., Priolo, F. Electroluminescence of silicon nanocrystals in MOS structures. Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process. 2002. Vol. 74. № 1. Pp. 1-5.
5. Danilin, B.S. Primenenie nizkotemperaturnoj plazmy dlja nanesenija tonkih plenok [The use of low-temperature plasma for the thin films deposition]. М.: Jenergoatomizdat. 1989. 328 p. (in Russian).
6. Berlin, E.V., Dvinin, S.A., Sejdman, L.A. Vakuumnaja tehnologija i oborudovanie dlja nanesenija i travlenija tonkih plenok [Vacuum technology and equipment for thin films etching and deposition]. М: Tehnosfera. 2007. 93 p. (in Russian).
7. Sejdman L.A. The growth mechanism of silicon nitride films under reactive magnetron sputtering. Jelektronnaja tehnika — Electronic Engineering. 1985. Ser. 2. №5 (178). Pp. 44–47. (in Russian).
8. Kolesov, E.I., Sejdman, L.A. The method of the films plasma jet in a vacuum // author's Certificate from 15.07.1994. № 1163656. (in Russian).
9. Sejdman, L.A. Production of silicon nitride films by reactive sputtering of D.C. Jelektronnaja promyshlennost' — Electronic Industry. 1984. № 4 (132). Pp. 15-20. (in Russian).10. Kostin, E.G., Demchishin, A.V. The deposition of films TiN and Ti O2 in reverse cylindrical magnetron reactive sputtering method. Tehnologija i konstruirovanie v jelektronnoj apparature — Technology and design in electronic equipment. 2008. №4. P. 47–51. (in Russian).