Release:Releases Archive. Вестник ТюмГУ. Физико-математические науки. Информатика (№7, 2013)
About the authors:Riat R. Faizullin, Postgraduate Student, Department of Mechanics of Multiphase Systems, Tyumen State University
Abstract:An experimental set-up has been designed and manufactured. Samples with heat protective ceramic coating have been obtained at the set-up by injecting in Ar-He-H2 plasma ZrO2-Y2O3 precursor. Spray coating modes have been established. The results of thermal-cycle testing in 1000С-11500С(15 min)-1000С cycle mode showed the advantage of the obtained coatings over the traditional plasma one by 40%. The authors assume that ZrO2-Y2O3 precursor alloying with rare earth metal oxides will increase the operating temperature of the coating. The injection of ZrO2 — 7%Y2O3 precursor in plasma was performed with air atomizing burner. During spray coating, the surface temperature of the samples did not exceed 700-7500С. The characteristic surface texture of the thermal barrier coating is shown in Fig.4. The study of the coating microstructure by means of JEOL JSM6510LV electron microscope showed existence of ZrO2+7%Y2O spherical particles, particles with full and partial penetration, fusion and cross-sectional microcracks. Prior to TBC formation the samples were covered with PKH-27YU7SZI (ПКХ-27Ю7С3И) 170 µm metal heat-proof layer using a traditional plasma method. Thermal-diffusion vacuum annealing at a temperature of 10500С was executed during 4 hours.
1. Mubojadzhan, S.A. Protection Coating for Hot-gas-path HGP. «Vse materialy. Jenciklopedicheskij spravochnik» — «All materials. Encyclopedic reference book», 2011. № 4. 17 p. (in Russian).
2. Mubojadzhan, S.A., Egorova, L.P., Gorlova, D.S., Kos'min, A.A. Thermal Protection Coating for HGP Large Machine Parts of Advanced Turbine Jets. Aviacionnye materialy i tehnologii — Aircraft materials and technologies, 2005. № 4. 8 p. (in Russian).
3. Tamarin, Ju.A., Kachanov, E.B. Electron-beam Technology of Applying Thermal Protection Coating. Novye tehnologicheskie processy i nadezhnost' GTD , CIAM — Modern process industries and reliability of HGP, Central Institute of Aviation Motors, 2008. Issue 7. Pp. 144-158. (in Russian).
4. Baldaev, L.H., Vahalin, V.A., Borisov, V.N. Geotermicheskoe napylenie: uchebnoe posobie [Geothermal evaporation: textbook]. М.: Market DS, 2007. 344 p. (in Russian).
5. Tamarin, Ju.A., Kachanov, E.B. Properties of Thermal Protection Coatings Applied by Means of Electron-beam technology. Novye tehnologicheskie processy i nadezhnost' GTD, CIAM — Modern process industries and reliability of HGP, Central Institute of Aviation Motors, 2008. Issue 7. Pp. 125-144. (in Russian).
6. Xianliang JIANG, Chunbo LIU, Feng LIN. Overview on the Development of Nanostructured Thermal // J. Mater. Sci. Technol., 2007. Vol. 23. № 4. P. 454.
7. Fajzullin, R.R., Tolmachev, I.M., Aksenov, A.N. Formation of Thermal Protection Coatings on Turbine Blades by Zr-Y salt pyrolysis in low-temperature plasma [Formirovanie teplozashhitnyh pokrytij lopatok turbin metodom piroliza solej Zr-Y v nizkotemperaturnoj plazme]. Mat-ly nauchnoj konferencii IMENIT-2012 (Proc. of scientific conf. Institute of mathematics, natural Sciences and information technologies — 2012). Tyumen, 2012. Pp. 40-43. (in Russian).
8. Jordan, E.H., Gell, M. Nano Crystalline Ceramic and Ceramic Coatings Made by Conventional and Solution Plasma Spray // University of Connecticut Storrs. CT 06269 USA. P. 13.
9. Hengbei Zhao, Fengling Yu, Ted D. Bennett, Haydn N.G. Wadley. Morphology and thermal conductivity of yttria-stabilized zirconia coatings // Acta Materialia 54 (2006). Pp. 5195-5207.
10. Jordan, E.H., Gell, M., Bonzani, P., Chen, D., Basu, S., Cetegen, B., Wu, F. Making Dense Coatings with the Solution Precursor Plasma Spray Process // Inframat Corporation. Farmington CT USA. Pp. 1-4.
11. Bhatia, T., Ozturk, A., Liangde Xie, Jordan, E. H. and Baki M. Cetegen, Gell, M., Xinqin Ma, Nitin P. Padture. Mechanisms of ceramic coating deposition in solution-precursor plasma spray // Materials Research Society J. Mater. Res., Vol. 17, №. 9, Sep 2002. Pp. 2363-2372.12. Nicholls, J.R., Lawson, K.J., Johnston, A., Rickerby, D.S. Low Thermal Conductivity EB-PVD Thermal Barrier Coatings, High Temperature Corrosion 5 (Editors: R.Streiff, I.J. Wright, R.Krutenat, M.Caillet, A. Cailerie), Trans Tech Publication, 2001. Pp. 595-606.