Release:2015, Vol. 1. №3(3)
About the authors:Alesya S. Kholodionova, Postgraduate Student, Department of the World Economy and the International Business, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:Nowadays associated petroleum gas (APG) conservation or use is one of the most topical issues in oil and gas sphere of Russian economy. APG conversation or use rate in developed countries like USA, Canada or Norway is about 99-100%, while in Russia and in countries of Middle-East and Africa a considerable part of it is burned in flares. This article puts stress upon various issues of APG processing. This issue is very topical due to the fact that currently dozens of billions of cubic meters of APG is burned in flares.The article analyzes APG resources of Russia. Basing on the results of this analysis high rates of actual loss were discovered. So, APG can be used as, first and foremost, as a most valuable oil and gas raw material, clean fuel for energy production, and as a motor fuel. Unfortunately, at the moment the rates of APG use are quite low. The major reason for it is its relatively high production cost, which is higher than the said price of natural gas due to high initial expenses for construction of gas processing facilities, transportation and processing, and, additionally, the technological process of APG production is rather complicated.The aforementioned reasons make the use of APG for oil producers uneconomic and loss making, not to mention that on small deposits distant from consumers or having small reserves of APG this processing is not profitable at all. As a result, enormous amounts of APG are burned in flares. And, among other things, APG burning in the Tyumen region is the most important factor that damages environment and health of people.
1. Bajkov N. A. O sostojanii i perspektivah razvitija neftegazovoj promyshlennosti Rossii [On the state and prospects of development of the oil and gas industry in Russia] // Neftjanoe hozjajstvo [Oil industry]. 2008. No 1. Pp. 10-13. (In Russian)
2. Balashova E. I. Mobil'nye gazoturbinnye ustanovki, peredvizhnye jelektrostancii [Mobile gas-turbine units, mobile power stations]. SPETSOPYT, 2009. No 8. Pp. 41-45. (In Russian)
3. Gosudarstvennaja statistika Rossijskoj Federacii [State Statistics of the Russian Federation]. http:/www.gks.ru (In Russian)
4. Karaseva A. S. The Law “Ob jenergosberezhenii” [“On saving energy”]. The initial stage of implementation // Electronic Journal «Bjudzhet» [Budget]. April, 2010. http://bujet.ru/article/75109.php (In Russian)
5. Kulikov G. B. Bezopasnost' zhiznedejatel'nosti [Life Safety]: A textbook for students specializing in technical sciences. Moscow: Mir knigi [World of Books], 2009. 269 p. (In Russian)
6. Decree of the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Environmental Protection “Metodika rascheta vybrosov vrednyh veshhestv v atmosferu pri szhiganii poputnogo neftjanogo gaza na fakel'nyh ustanovkah” [“A method of calculating emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere during combustion of associated gas flaring”]. http://www.opengost.ru/iso/3755-metodika-rascheta-vybrosov-vrednyh-veschestv-v-atmosferu-pri-szhigan... (In Russian)
7. Russian Federation Government Resolution dated January 8, 2009 “O merah po stimulirovaniju sokrashhenija zagrjaznenija atmosfernogo vozduha produktami szhiganija poputnogo neftjanogo gaza na fakel'nyh ustanovkah” [“On measures to stimulate the reduction of air pollution products of burning associated gas flaring”]. (In Russian)
8. Statisticheskij ezhegodnik [A statistical yearbook]. In 7 parts. 22.214.171.124.4. Tyumen Regional Committee of State Statistics. 2010. (In Russian)
9. Jekonomika prirodopol'zovanija. Prirodoemkost' [Environmental economics. Environmental capacity]. http://ekonom-priroda.ru (In Russian)
10. Jekonomicheskaja jeffektivnost' jenergosberegajushhih meroprijatij [Economical effectiveness of energy-saving measures]. http://www.ispu.ru/node/8506 (In Russian)
11. Oil information (2015 edition). IEA Statistics. 2015.