Release:2015, Vol. 1. №3(3)
About the author:Irina J. Arbitailo,
Abstract:The article analyzes the problem of society’s dissatisfaction with the system of medical care. It is shown that the governmental programmes implemented in the past decade have not achieved their goal: the death rate continues to rise; public health and the population’s satisfaction with health care services are constantly declining. The authors have attempted to single out whether this dissatisfaction is a matter of perception or a reflection of the reality. The theoretical aspects of the issue are addressed through the prism of public opinion with the use of both quantitative and qualitative methods. Medical care and health services were assessed by Tyumen’s population according to the following criteria: assessment of health facilities with a view to positive and negative trends; assessment of access to health care; assessment of the quality of outpatient care; assessment of the quality of in-patient treatment; assessment of the scope and quality of diagnostic testing; the residents’ experience of clinical examination and their attitude to it; the respondents’ awareness of regional and federal health care programmes.
1. Aristova E. V. Specificheskie osobennosti medicinskoj uslugi kak ekonomicheskoj kategorii [The Peculiarities of a Medical Service as an Economic Category]. Vestnik KGU im.
A. N. Nekrasova [Herald of Kostroma State University Named after N. A. Nekrasov] 2012. No 2. Pp. 224-228. (in Russian)
2. Vserossijskoe sociologicheskoe issledovanie mnenija naselenija o dostupnosti i kachestve medicinskoj pomoshhi v 2008 g. [The All-Russian Public Opinion Poll on Accessibility and Quality of Medical Aid in 2008]. http://www.zdrav.ru/articles/practice/detail.php?ID=79106 (in Russian)
3. Geht I. A., Artem’eva G. B. K voprosu ob izuchenii udovletvorennosti naselenija sistemoj zdravoohranenija [Revisiting the Survey of Public Satisfaction with the Health Care System]. Menedzher zdravoohranenija [Manager in Healthcare]. 2014. No 4. Pp. 6-12.
4. Zubec A. N. Chastnoe finansirovanie zdravoohranenija v Rossii [Private Financing of Public Health in Russia]. Finansy [Finance]. 2014. No 2. Pp. 56-58. (in Russian)
5. Kochkina N. N., Krasil’nikova M. D., Shishkin S. V. Dostupnost’ i kachestvo medicinskoj pomoshhi v ocenkah naselenija [Availability and Quality of Medical Aid According to Public Opinion Polls]. Moscow: Izd. dom Vysshej shkoly ekonomiki [Higher School of Economics Publishing House], 2015. 56 p. (in Russian)
6. Modelirovanie i prognozirovanie potrebnosti sistemy zdravoohranenija v kadrovyh resursah s uchetom vlijanija mer po modernizacii otrasli i izmenenij v otrasljah social’noj sfery, napravlennyh na povyshenie effektivnosti zdravoohranenija [Predictive Modelling of the Health Care System’s Demand for Human Resources with Due Regard to the Impact of the Measures Aimed at Health System Modernization and to Changes in the Social Sphere Aimed at Improving the Effectiveness of Health Care]. http://www.hse.ru/org/projects/123818709
7. Ogneva E. Ju., Hal’fin R. A., Mad’janova V. V., Tadzhiev I. Ja. Ocenka dostupnosti i kachestva medicinskoj pomoshhi v municipal’nyh uchrezhdenijah zdravoohranenija [The Assessment of Availability and Quality of Health Care Services in Municipal Health Care Institutions]. Problemy standartizacii v zdravoohranenii [Problems of Standardization in Healthcare]. 2010. No 1–2. Pp. 30–39. (in Russian)
8. Kachestvo zhizni v rossijskih gorodah v 2014 godu [Living Standards in Russian Сities in 2014]. http://www.fa.ru/chair/priklsoc/Documents/Russian_Cities_Life_Quality_2014.pdf
9. “Polozhenie v medicine huzhe optimal’nogo. Schetnaja palata raskritikovala reformy Minzdrava [Public Health Care Conditions Are Less than Optimal. The Audit Chamber of the Russian Federation Criticizes the Reform of the Ministry of Health].” Kommersant. 2015. 14 Apr. http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2708678 (in Russian)
10. Sociokul’turnaja dinamika — portret Tjumenskoj oblasti [Sociocultural Dynamics: The Portrait of Tyumen Oblast’: multi-author monograph] / G. F. Romashkina, V. A. Davydenko (eds.). Tyumen: Izdatel’stvo Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Tyumen State University Publishing House], 2015. 358 p. (in Russian)
11. World Health Statistics 2014: WHO Library Cataloguing-in-Publication Data. The World Health Organization (WHO).