Release:2015, Vol. 1. №3(3)
About the author:Galina Z. Efimova, Cand. Sci. (Sociol.), Associate Professor, Department of General and Economic Sociology, Financial and Economic Institute, Tyumen State University; firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:The article describes the process of a young teacher’s professional socialization in an educational institution. The main challenges and risks rising within this process are outlined. We deal with some features of a teacher’s professional daily routine and observe official statistical data concerning the age of the teaching staff in Russia. The role of junior staff employed in education is demonstrated. Professional socialization is claimed to be of importance for young employees nowadays.The article contains analysis of the main results of the 2015 survey «Quality of a Teacher’s Life» conducted among teachers of educational institutions of the South of Tyumen Region.The aim of the article is to analyze the main variables in the evaluation of the process of a young teacher’s professional socialization. The main factors influencing career choices, sense of accomplishment, workload, group cohesion, social and psychological atmosphere in the team, desire for a career change etc. are considered.The main effect of a successful professional socialization is the formation of a professional identity, which is characterized by a constant process of personal development and self-actualization. The results of this study deepen the knowledge of young employees’ professional socialization, as the teachers survey showed, and can be used by sociologists, psychologists, and educators.
1. Bagirjan Ju. Je. Problemy professional’noj socializacii molodezhi v sovremennyh uslovijah [The Issues of Professional Socialization of Youth under Modern Conditions]. Chelovek i obrazovanie [Human and Education]. 2007. No 3 (34). Pp. 102-06. (in Russian)
2. Ivojlova I. Kolichestvo molodyh uchitelej v Rossii vyroslo do 136 tysjach [The Number of Young Teachers in Russia Reached 136 000]. Russkaya gazeta [Russian Newspaper]. http://www.rg.ru/2015/07/14/uchitel-site-anons.html (in Russian)
3. Kicherova, M. N., Efimova G. Z., Zjuban E. V. Osobennosti processa pervichnoj professional’noj socializacii studentov ekonomicheskih special’nostej uchrezhdenij vysshego professional’nogo obrazovanija [The Peculiarities of the Process of Primary Professional Socialization of Students Majoring in Economic Disciplines in Higher Professional Education]. Naukovedenie [Science of Science]. 2014. No 5 (24) http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/68PVN514.pdf (in Russian)
4. Kutyrev V. A. Obrazovanie kak obraz zhizni [Learning as a Way of Life]. Alma Mater. 1997. No 10. Pp. 14-19. (in Russian)
5. Putin V. V. “Sistema obrazovaniya dolzhna stroit’sya vokrug sil’nogo, odarennogo uchitelya [The Education System Must Be Built Around the Talented Teacher]”. http://minobrnauki.rf/novosti/2916 (in Russian)
6. Samojlova E. V. Professional’naja socializacija molodyh uchitelej: na materialah Respubliki Mordovija [Professional Socialization of Young Teachers: A Case Study of the Republic of Mordovia]. Thesis. Saransk, 2007. 169 p. (in Russian)
7. Skudareva G. N. Sotsializatsiya kak uslovie professional’nogo stanovleniya molodogo uchitelya [Socialization as a Condition of Professional Formation of a Young Teacher]. Vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo oblastnogo gumanitarnogo instituta: Pedagogika i psihologija [The Herald of Moscow State Regional Institute of Humanities: Pedagogics and Psychology Series]. 2012. No 1. Pp. 37-40. (in Russian)
8. Strategiya-2020: novaya model’ rosta — novaya sotsial’naya politika. Itogovyy doklad o rezul’tatakh ekspertnoy raboty po aktual’nym problemam sotsial’no-ekonomicheskoy strategii Rossii na period do 2020 goda [The 2020 Strategy: A New Growth Model Means a New Social Policy. Integrated Report on the Results of the Expert Work on the Contemporary Issues of the Socioeconomic Development Strategy of Russia until 2020] / V. A. Mau,
Ya. I. Kuz’minov (eds.) // Moscow: Delo (The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration Publishing House), 2013. Vol. 1. 430 p. http://2020strategy.ru/data/2013/11/08/1214321112/Strategiya2020_Kniga%201.pdf
9. Tyumenskoe uchitel’stvo: rabota i kachestvo zhizni [Tyumen Teachers: Work and Living Standards] / G. F. Shafranov-Kutsev (ed.) // Tyumen: Izdatel’stvo Tjumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Tyumen State University Publishing House], 2015. 264 p.
10. Shafranov-Kucev G. F., Derevnina A. Ju. Kachestvo obrazovanija v strategii upravlenija klassicheskim universitetom [The Quality of Education as Part of Classical University Management]. Universitetskoe upravlenie [University Management]. 2002. No 2(21) http://umj.ru/index.php/pub/inside/294/ (in Russian)
11. Jejel’maa Ju. “Istorija molodogo uchitelja v shesti konfliktah: ostanetsja li on v shkole — eto eshhe vopros [The Story of a Young Teacher in Six Conflicts: Will He Stay in Teaching?].” Klassnoe rukovodstvo i vospitanie shkol’nikov [School Management and Education of Schoolchildren]. 2007. No 16. Pp. 7–9. (in Russian)