Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the author:Tahmina I. Sultonova,
Abstract:Various approaches to classification of gambling are analyzed in this article. Not every approach turns out to be useful for law enforcement matters, because often such classification is merely illustrative, without legal characteristics. Games of chance are divided into categories of allowed and prohibited ones. The legal significance of such classification is demonstrated: only an allowed game may be considered a deal that leads to certain civil legal relations. A prohibited one is considered a delict that leads to taking certain law enforcement protective measures. The author pays attention to gambling classification difficulties, which are caused by imperfections of the current Tajik legislation. These imperfections make it impossible to unambiguously define whether a certain game of chance falls into the category of legal or explicitly forbidden ones.
1. Chupakhin, I. Concepts and methods of scientific classification of some objects of study / In: Voprosy dialektiki i logiki [Issues of Dialectics and Logic]. Leningrad, 1964.
P. 55-72. (in Russian).
2. Iakushin, B.V. Classification / In: Bol'shaia sovetskaia entsiklopediia [Great Soviet Encyclopedia]. 3 rd ed. Moscow, 1973. Vol. 12. P. 269. (in Russian).
3. Voronin, Iu.A. Vvedenie v teoriiu klassifikatsii [Introduction into the Theory of Classification]. Novosibirsk, 1982. 194 p. (in Russian).
4. Subbotin, A.L. Klassifikatsiia [Classification]. Moscow, 2001. 100 p. (in Russian).
5. Sokhan, A.V. Azartnye igry v Rossii v seredine XVI — nachale XXI v.v. (istoriko-pravovoe issledovanie) (Avtoref. diss. kand.) [Gambling in Russia in the Middle of 16 th until early 21st century (historical and legal research) (Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Diss.)]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2012. 30 p. (in Russian).
6. Grazhdanskoe pravo [Civil Law]: A student's guide / Ed. A.P. Sergeev, Iu.K. Tolstoy. Vol. 2. Moskow, 2000, 720 p. (in Russian).
7. Mironov, I.V. Problemy aleatornykh pravootnoshenii v rossiiskom prave (diss. kand.) [Issues concerning Aleatory Legal Relations in the Russian Law (Cand. Sci. (Law) Diss.)]. Moscow, 1998. 163 p. (in Russian).
8. Zaporoshchenko, V.A. Osobennosti pravovogo regulirovaniia aleatornykh sdelok v Rossiiskoi Federatsii (diss. kand.) [Specifics of Legal Regulation of Aleatory Contracts in the Russian Federation (Cand. Sci. (Law) Diss.)]. Ekaterinburg, 2006. 155 p. (in Russian).
9. Karaseva, M.V. Finansovoe pravootnoshenie [Financial Relationship], Moscow, 2001. 288 p. (in Russian).
10. Kondakov, N.I. Logicheskii slovaf-spravochnik [Logical Reference Dictionary], Moscow, 1975. 721 p. (in Russian).
11. Erdelevskii, A. Games and betting. Rossiiskaia iustitsiia — Russian Justice. 1999.
№ 8. P. 13-14. (in Russian).
12. Rybushkin, N.N. Zapreshchaiushchie normy v sovetskom prave [Standards of Prohibition in the Soviet Law]. Kazan, 1990. 111 p. (in Russian).