Release:2015, Vol. 1. №1(1)
About the author:Mikhail I. Kleandrov, Corresponding Member of the RAS, Dr. Sci. (Jur.), Professor, Chief Research Associate, Institute of State and Law of the RAS (Moscow); firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:According to the central idea of the article, the consistent flaws of judicial power mechanism in the Russian Federation are generally caused by the absence of a certain institution personifying judicial power. The current situation leads to the following negative consequences: the absence of a certain institution in charge of judicial power mechanism development strategy, as well as of ensuring the independence of judges and courts; non-compliance with the constitutional principle concerning the equality before the law and court (Article 19 (Section 1)) and the judicial protection of human rights and freedoms (Article 46 (Section 1)) etc. The author emphasizes that such institution in Russia would not belong to the judicial brunch, just like in many other countries, where such body of power is already created under constitutional framework.
1. Federal Constitutional Law of December 31, 1996, No. 1-FKZ «On the judicial system of the Russian Federation». Collection of Laws of the Russian Federation — Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii. 1997. № 1. Art. 1. (in Russian).
2. The Law of the Russian Federation of June 26, 1992, No. 3132-1 «On the status of judges in the Russian Federation». Vedomosti S ,, ezda narodnykh deputatov i Verkhovnogo Soveta Rossiiskoi Federatsii — Bulletin of the Congress of people deputies and the Supreme Soviet of the Russian Federation. 1992. № 30. Art. 1792. (in Russian).
3. The Federal Law of March 14, 2002, No. 30-FZ «On the bodies of the judicial corps in the Russian Federation». Collection of laws of the Russian Federation — Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii. 2002. № 11. Art. 1022. (in Russian).
4. Government Resolution of the Russian Federation of December 27, 2012, No. 1406 approving the Federal targeted program «Developing the Russian Judicial System in 2013-2020». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii — Collection of laws of the Russian Federation. 2013. № 1. Art. 13. (in Russian).
5. Rossiiskajа gazeta — Russian Newspaper. 2013. 5 April. (in Russian).
6. Rossiiskajа gazeta — Russian Newspaper. 2014. 15 July. (in Russian).
7. Evdokimov, V.B. Constitutional (Charter) courts in the system of separation of powers in the Russian Federation. Vestnik Akademii General'noi prokuratury — Bulletin of the Academy of the Prosecutor General. 2013. № 5. P. 64. (in Russian).
8. Federal Law of June 28, No. 172-FZ «On the strategic planning in the Russian Federation». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii — Collection of laws of the Russian Federation. 2014. № 26 (part 1). Art. 3378. (in Russian).