Release:Vesntik TSU. Sociology (#8 ). 2014
About the authors:Gulnara F. Romashkina, Dr. Sci. (Soc.), Professor, Department of Economic Security, System Analysis and Control, University of Tyumen; ORCID: 0000-0002-7764-5566, Scopus Author ID: 16437113600, WoS ResearcherID: O-7221-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract:Dynamics of values of residents of the Urals Federal District are analyzed in the context of the whole Russia. It is shown that in Russia there is a gradual modernization of the value structure, but the dynamics are not stable. Traditional values (family, tradition, readiness for sacrifice) are more important for the elderly. The importance of human values increases with age, but at a slower pace. Significantly higher is importance of freedom for those who are currently 35-39 years old. The Russian situation is different from the European where there is less support for freedom, initiative, and growing importance and traditional values since 2009. From 2006 to 2013 markers of breach of rights and freedoms stay the same: the first three places are occupied by the right to equality before the law, security and privacy, and the right to work. Intensity of rights protection goes down, but the level of success in protection of fredoms increases. Statistical data show that in recent years the value of work has grown, and the people more actively defend their right to work, if the value of work is higher.
1. Lapin, N.I. Social-cultural factors and modernization of Russian stagnation.
Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniia — Sociological Research. 2011. № 9. P. 3-18. (in Russian).
2. Lapin, N.I. Functionally-oriented clusters of basic values of the population of Russia and its regions. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniia — Sociological Research. 2010. № 1. Pp. 28-36.
3. Lapin, N.I., Beliaeva, L.A., Davydenko, V.A., Mel'nik, V.V., Romashkina, G.F.,
Korepanov, G.S. Sotsiologicheskii portret Tiumenskogo regiona [Sociological Portrait of the Tyumen Region]. Tyumen, 2007. (in Russian).
4. Sotsiokul'turnyi potret Tiumenskoi oblasti: kollektivnaia monografiia [Social-
cultural Portrait of the Tyumen Region. A collective monograph]. / Sci. ed. G.F. Romashkina, V.A. Yudashkin. Tyumen, 2011. (in Russian).
5. Magun, V.S., Rudnev, M.G. Basic Values of Russians and Other Europeans, on
Materials of the Inquiry Conducted in 2008. Reprint from the website of the Institute of Sociology. URL: http://www.isras.ru; http://www.civisbook.ru/files/File/Magun Rudnev Bazovye.pdf. (accessed date 04.06.14). (in Russian).
6. Gorshkov, M.K., Sheregi, F.E. Values, moral principles and civil activity of young people. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniia: ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny — Monitoring Public Opinion: the Economic and Social Changes. 2010. № 1 (95). P. 5-36.(in Russian).
7. Inglehart, R. Modernization and Postmodernization: Cultural, Economic and Political Change in 43 Societies. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1997; Inglehart, R. Measuring Culture and Cultural Change: an Introduction / Paper presented to The Samuel Huntington Symposium: Culture, Cultural Change and Economic Development. Moscow, 25 May, 2010;
Inglehart, R., Baker, W.E. Modernization, Cultural Change, and the Persistence of Traditional Values / / American Sociological Review. 2000. Vol. 65. № 1. P. 19-51; Schwartz, S.H. Cultural Value Orientations: Nature and Implications of National Differences. Moscow: State University — Higher School of Economics Press, 2008; Schwartz, S.H., Bardi, A. Influences of Adaptation to Communist Rule on Value Priorities in Eastern Europe / / Political Psychology. 1997. Vol. 18. № 2. P. 385-410.
8. URL: www.europeansocialsurvey.org;www.ess-ru.ru; See: Measuring Attitudes Cross-Nationally: Lessons from the European Social Survey / R. Jowell et al. (eds.). L.: Sage, 2007.
(In Russia: www.cessi.ru).
9. Koch, I.A. Social and cultural development of small towns / In: Sotsiokul'turnye problemy razvitiia regionov Rossii v usloviiakh krizisa: M-ly Tiumenskogo sotsiologicheskogo Foruma 15-16 oktiabria 2009 goda [Sociocultural Issues of Regional
Development of Russia during the Crisis: Materials of the Tyumen Sociological Forum, October 15-16, 2009]. Tyumen, 2009. Pp. 47-51.10. Tereshchuk, E.A., Ivanov, O.P., Zyrianov, S.G. Innovative aspects of the development of the industrial modernization of the Ural Region (Chelyabinsk Region) / In: Problemy sotsiokul'turnoi modernizatsii regionov Rossii Problemy sociokul'turnoj modernizacii regionov Rossii [Problems of Sociocultural Modernization of Russian Regions] / Compilation, the total revision: N.I. Lapin, L.A. Belyaev. Moscow, 2013. P. 266-286.