Release:Vesntik TSU. Sociology (#8 ). 2014
About the author:Alexander V. Ovdin,
Abstract:The problems addressed herein are related to the repatriation of ethnic Russians residing abroad, mainly in the CIS countries, to the Russian Federation. Particular attention is paid to the implementation of the state program on facilitation of the voluntary resettlement of compatriots. The most important aspects of repatriation are: humanitarian (helping people who are spiritually and historically connected with Russia), social and economic (employment of compatriots' experience and expertise for the benefit of the Russian society and economy), and demographic (overcoming depopulation). Analysis of the state program implementation shows that its pace does not correspond to the planned rates. The most successful implementation of the program is in the countries of Central Asia, while the participation of people living in Ukraine (including the multimillion Russian population in this country) is almost tokenistic. The number of the program participants is relatively small in the total number of people moving to Russia for permanent residence, and in terms of migration, the importance of repatriation remains insignificant. It can be concluded that the proposed conditions of relocation lack attractiveness, and the repatriation policy needs modernization.
1. Kabuzan, V.M. Russkie v mire. Dinamika chislennosti i rasseleniia (1719-1989). Formirovanie etnicheskikh i politicheskikh granits russkogo naroda [Russians in the World: the Dynamics of Number and Settling (1719-1989). The Formation of Ethnic and Political Borders of the Russian People]. St-Petersburg, 1996. 352 p. (in Russian).
2. Quantity of Population of Russia / / Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation (Rosstat): official web-site. URL: http://www.gks.ru/free doc/new site/ population/demo/demo11.htm. (in Russian).
3. Chislennost' i migratsiia naseleniia Rossiiskoi Federatsii v 2012 godu (Statisticheskii biulleten') [Quantity and Migration of the Population of Russian Federation in 2012 (A statistical bulletin)]. Moscow: Rosstat, 2013. 90 p. (in Russian).
4. Beloborodov, I.I. Modern Demographic Tendencies in the Context of National Security // Demographic Research Institute. URL: http://www.demographia.ru/articles N/index. html?idR=23&idArt=2084. (in Russian).
5. Putin, V.V. Building justice. Social politics for Russia. Rossiiskaia gazeta — Russian newspaper. 2012. February, 13. URL: http://rg.ru/2012/02/13/putin-statya.html.(in Russian).
6. Population Censuses of the Russian Empire, USSR, 15 New Independent States:
Distribution of Population by Nationality / / Demoscope Weekly. URL: http://demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/census types.php?ct=6. (in Russian).
7. About measures for assistance of voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of compatriots living abroad. Decree of the President of RF from 22 June 2006, N 637/ / Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation: official web-site. URL: http://www.fms.gov.ru/programs/fmsuds/official_info. (in Russian).
8. Monitoring of realization of the government program on assistance to voluntarily migration of compatriots living abroad, on territories of the subjects of Russian Federation in the fourth quarter of 2012] / / Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation: official web-site. URL: http://www.fms.gov.ru/programs/fmsuds/official info; http:// demographia.ru/eng/articles/index.html?idR=78&idArt=1824. (in Russian).
9. Pamiatka sootechestvenniku, zhelaiushchemu priniat' uchastie v Gosudarstvennoi programme po okazaniiu sodeistviia dobrovol'nomu pereseleniiu v Rossiiskuiu Federatsiiu sootechestvennikov, prozhivaiushchikh za rubezhom [A Booklet for Compatriots, Wishing to Take Part in the Government Program on Assistance to Voluntary Migration in Russian Federation for Compatriots Living Abroad]. Moscow, 2011. 64 p. (in Russian).
10. Monitoring of realization of the government program on assistance to voluntarily migration of compatriots living abroad, on territories of the subjects of Russian Federation in the third quarter of 2013 / / Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation: official web-site. URL: http://www.fms.gov.ru/programs/fmsuds/official_info. (in Russian).
11. Procedure of Migration of Compatriots and Their Settlement in Russia is Simplified // Demographic Research Institute (Moscow). URL: http://demographia.ru/articles_N/index.html?idArt=2192. (in Russian).