Release:Vesntik TSU. Sociology (#8 ). 2013
About the author:Oksana A. Kuvshinova,
Abstract:The problems of social policy for the elderly in Russia are becoming more and more relevant with each passing year. This is due, on the one hand, to the ongoing process of demographic aging of society and, as a consequence — an increase in the number of people over the age of 55, yet on the other hand — a number of socio-economic problems that have emerged in connection with the above mentioned demographic development. The phenomenon of the situation lies in the fact that the elderly, namely people from the age of 55 to 72, at the present stage are the most numerous social cohort compared with the youth, children and people of middle age. Consequently, the vector of solving their socio-economic problems depends on the stability of modern society. The most problematic area of social development, in our view, is the problem of people who retire, or rather, their material well-being and the conservation or increasing of the retirement age.
1. The official site of Pension Fund of Russian Federation: URL: http:www.pfrf.ru/pensionres (accessed 29.09.2011). (in Russian).
2. Novyj pensioner — A new retiree. URL: http:www.pencioner.ru/news (accessed 29.11.2012). (in Russian).
3. Stenograficheskij otchjot o zasedanii prezidiuma Gosudarstvennogo soveta o social'noj politike v otnoshenii grazhdan pozhilogo vozrasta i povyshenii kachestva ih zhizni [Transcript of the State Council Presidium meeting on Social Policy for senior citizens and improving quality of their life]. URL: http://www.kremlin.ru (accessed 29.11.2012). (in Russian).
4. Rossijskaja gazeta — The Russian newspaper (a newspaper of the Government of the Russian Federation. URL: http://www.rg.ru (accessed 28.11.2011). (in Russian).
5. The system of monitoring and media analysis «Medialogia». URL: http://www.integration.ibs.ru (accessed 28.11.2011). (in Russian).
6. Sistema monitoringa i analiza SMI «Medialogija» — Monitoring of the national media on pension and social issues. April 24, 2012. Key topic: About the deficit of the Pension Fund of Russia. URL: http://www.forsmi.ru (in Russian).
7. Trofimov N.A. Socio-economic conditions of the formation of the state pension obligations of the Russian Federation. XII Sociologicheskie chtenija prepodavatelej, aspirantov i studentov: Mezhvuzovskij sbornik nauchnyh trudov — XII Sociological conference of teachers and students:
a collection of scientific papers. Penza, 2010. P. 18-21. (in Russian).
8. Vyskazyvanija A. Kudrina informacionnym agentstvam — Statements of A. Kudrin for news agencies. URL: http://www.qarant.ru (in Russian).
9. Soobshhenie «RIA Novosti» [The message of «RIA Novosti»]. A quotation from A. Drozdov’s speech in Svetlogorsk at a conference on social security. September 7, 2010. URL: http://www.demoscope.ru (in Russian).
10. Ezhenedel'nyj dzhajdzhest rossijskoj pressy po pensionnoj tematike [Weekly Digest of the Russian press on pension issues]. 7-12 February 2011. Prepared by the Department of Public Relations and interaction with the media of the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation URL: http://www.pfrf.ru (in Russian).