Release:Vesntik TSU. Sociology (#8 ). 2013
About the authors:Lyudmila M. Simonova, Dr. Sci. (Econ.), Professor, Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Journal “Tyumen State University Herald. Social, Economic, and Law Research”, University of Tyumen; email@example.com
Abstract:The article examines the social aspects of the housing problem in modern Russia and the impact of housing supply on demographic characteristics, social reproduction, and mentality. The author justifies the importance of sociological studies of the housing problem. Details of the results of the panel survey, conducted in 2008 and 2013, are highlighted in the article. The purpose of the survey was to investigate the satisfaction of the residents of the city of Tyumen with their accommodation, their prospects for improvement, and the relationship to the state program “Affordable Housing”. In particular, the article dwells on the awareness of the citizens of the implementation of the priority national project, the evaluation of the implementation of individual program areas (modernization of housing and services, the use of maternity capital, benefits for individual housing for large families, the increase the availability of mortgages, housing provision for public sector employees and etc.), the obstacles to implement the program “Affordable Housing” and the intentions of the citizens in terms of improving their living conditions in the next 5-7 years and the ways of acquiring public housing. The results of the survey suggest that over the last 5 years there has been a significant improvement in public opinion ratings of individual results of the program. The citizens of Tyumen considered the programs to improve the living conditions of young families and public sector employees as the most effective, while at the same time their relation to mortgage, which has recently become a real tool for improving the living conditions, is rather negative.
1. Maksimova, E.V. Housing as an object of economic analysis. Jekonomicheskij zhurnal — Economic Journal. 2005. № 9. Pp.43-59. (in Russian).
2. Nesterov, L. Is it possible to solve the housing problem in Russia today? Voprosy jekonomiki — The Issues of Economics. 1995. № 9. P. 121. (in Russian).
3. Kostandjan, E.G. State promotion of residential mortgage. Rossijskoe predprinimatel'stvo — Russian Entrepreneurship. 2008. № 12. Vol. 1 (124). Pp. 106-109. (in Russian).
4. Kameneckij, M.I., Doncova, L.V., Pechatnikova, S.M. Ipotechnoe kreditovanie na rynke zhil'ja (narodnohozjajstvennyj i regional'nyj aspekty) [Mortgage in the housing market (national economic and regional aspects)]. M., 2006. P. 115. (in Russian).
5. Kosareva, N.B., Strajk, R. The development of mortgages in Russia. Voprosy jekonomiki — The Issues of Economics. 1993. № 7. Pp. 111-120. (in Russian).
6. Garipova, Z.L. The role of state in improving the living standards of the population through the provision of housing affordability. Sovremennye issledovanija social'nyh problem — Modern Study of Social Problems. 2012. № 1. Pp. 126-144. (in Russian).
7. Sokolova, T.V. Gosudarstvennaja zhilishhnaja politika: Social'noe izmerenie [State housing policy: The social dimension]. M., 2009. 288 p. (in Russian).
8. Engels, F. To the issue of Housing // Marx, K., Engels, F. Sochinenija. [Collected Works]. Ed. 2. V. 18. M.: Politizdat, 1961. 797 p. (in Russian).
9. Aberkrombi, N., Hill, S., Terner, B.C. Sociologicheskij slovar' [Sociological Dictionary]. M., 2008. (in Russian).
10. Gorshkov, M.K., Tihonova, N.E. Wealth and Poverty as the Russians see these notions Sociologicheskie issledovanija — SOCIS. 2004. № 3. Pp. 16-21. (in Russian).
11. Alejnikova, O.S. Odinochestvo: filosofsko-kul'turologicheskij analiz (Diss. kand.) [Loneliness: Philosophical and Cultural Analysis (Diss. Cand.)]. SPb., 2005. 155 p. RSL OD, 61:05-9/596.