Release:Vesntik TSU. law (#3). 2013
About the author:Julia I. Voronina,
Abstract:The importance of the issue under consideration is beyond doubt today, because in modern Russia the public legal control of alcohol production and sale is inconsistent, irregular, fragmentary and inefficient. The author considers the historical aspect to explain the problem and presents some ideas on necessity of reforming the public legal control of alcohol production and sale in Russia. The article focuses on four stages of public legal control of alcohol production and sale in Russia. Each stage differs in form of the government control and regulatory content. One of the specific features of public legal control of alcohol production and sale in Russia is the lack of continuity of uniform social and political course in this area. Reforms of alcohol production and sale always depended on the interests of a narrow circle of people and did not take into account the interests of individuals, society and the state. When the political regime changed, the course of public legal control of alcohol production and sale changed also. Cyclical nature of reforms and instability in the industry and sales of alcohol resulting from it led to corruption and heavy drinking. The article underlines the necessity of comprehensive, successive, coherent and consistent state-legal control of alcohol production and sale in Russia.
1. Martynov, A.S. On the history of state regulation of «liquor question». Administrativnoe pravo i process — Administrative law and process. 2007. No. 6 (in Russian).
2. Aparyshev, I.V. On state regulation of «liquor question» in Russia. Grazhdansko-pravovaja, konstitucionno-pravovaja i ugolovno-pravovaja ohrana nravstvennosti — Civil, constitutional and legal and criminal-legal protection of morality. Moscow, 2011. P. 510-516 (in Russian).
3. Bakulina, Ju.S. The main objectives and elements of public administration in the production, trafficking and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Nravstvennye imperativy v prave — Moral imperatives in law. 2009. No. 1. P. 3-8 (in Russian).
4. Berzin, V.A. Constitutional and legal, administrative and legal characteristics of public policy and public management in the wine industry. Pravo i obrazovanie — Law and education. 2012. No. 4.
P. 106-116 (in Russian).
5. Berzin, V.A. State policy in the sphere of production, trafficking and consumption of alcohol: a legal opinion on the basis of value from the standpoint of the ideal and real. Jurist vuza — Lawyer of higher education institution. 2012. No. 7. P. 39-41 (in Russian).
6. Stepanov, A.E. On the question of public policy in the production, trafficking and consumption of alcohol. Trudy Sovremennoj gumanitarnoj akademii — Works of the Modern Humanitarian Academy. 2011. No. 10. P. 23-33 (in Russian).
7. Pysin, A.V. Peculiarities of administrative and legal regulation of ethyl alcohol and alcohol-containing products (alcoholic beverages). Sovremennoe pravo — Modern law. 2012. No. 1. P. 18 (in Russian).
8. Ostapenko, L.A. Legal basis of the alcohol industry. Akcizy — excises. 2011. No. 7. P. 24 (in Russian).
9. Federal Law of 18 July 2011, but. 218-FZ (as amended on 28.11.2011) «On Amendments to the Federal Law» On state regulation of production and turnover of ethyl alcohol and alcohol-containing products «and Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation and the Annulment of the Federal Law» On the limitations of retail and consumption (drinking) beer and beverages produced on its basis. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 2011. No. 30 (ch. 1). Art. 4566 (in Russian).
10. Vazhenin, A.V. Oborot alkogol'noj produkcii i gosudarstvennaja monopolija — pravovye i social'no-jekonomicheskie aspekty [Turnover of alcohol and a state monopoly — the legal and socio-economic aspects]: Comprisement of scientific works / Under the guidance of A.D. Seljukov. Moscow, 2007. P. 88 (in Russian).