Release:Vesntik TSU. law (#3). 2013
About the authors:Tatyana V. Krasnova,
Abstract:Limiting the scope of mediation application with individual categories of legal disputes, the legislation overlooked the stage of their classification. A special problem is the definition of the sphere of family relations, which, as a rule, are defined as the relations regulated by family legislation. The family code does not disclose the meaning of the concept of «family members» and does not contain a finished list of subjects of the family relationship. It does not reflect specific features of a legal dispute. The definition of family legal relations only as relations, regulated by the family law, unjustifiably restricts the scope of application of mediation in family conflicts. The mediator is forced to reveal the sameness of the subjects of the disputed legal relations and the finished list of entities specified in the family law, with due regard for the specific type of family-legal dispute. At the same time, the correlation of the characteristics of a particular dispute with specificity, reported in article 2 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation, is an important reference point, allowing to correctly identify the substance of the dispute and to create the optimal conditions for its settlement. In this regard, for the determination of family relationships, when deciding on the use of mediation, it is appropriate to establish in the law on mediation the existence of controversial relationships, concerning article 2 of the Family Code, but it does not allow to identify family relations with the relations, regulated by family legislation. To solve this problem it is suggested to use the basis of occurence of family relations, analysed in the article.
1. Federal law of 27.07.2010 No. 193-FZ «On the alternative dispute resolution process involving mediation (mediation procedure)». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collected Legislation of the Russian Federation. 2 August 2010. No. 31. Art. 4162 (in Russian).
2. Kommentarij k Federal'nomu zakonu «Ob al'ternativnoj procedure uregulirovanija sporov s uchastiem posrednika (procedure mediacii)» [Commentary to the Federal law «On alternative dispute resolution involving mediation (mediation procedure)»]. Ed. S.K. Zagainova, V.V. Yarkov. Moscow: Infotropik Media, 2012. P. 15 (in Russian).
3. U.R. College of Family Mediators, Code of Practice, 1995. Cit.: Parkinson, L. Semejnaja mediacija [Family mediation]. M: Mezhregional'nyj centr upravlencheskogo i politicheskogo konsul'tirovanija, 2010. P. 18 (in Russian).
4. For example: Matveev, G.K. Sovetskoe semejnoe pravo [Soviet family law]. Moscow, 1985. P. 35 (in Russian).
5. Rjasencev, V.A. Semejnoe pravo [Family law]. Moscow: Juridicheskaja literatura, 1967. P. 50 (in Russian).
6. For example: The law of the Tyumen region of 27 April 1998 «On the Protection of Children's Rights». Vestnik Tjumenskoj oblastnoj Dumy — Bulletin of the Tyumen Regional Duma. 1998. No. 5 (in Russian).
7. Nechaeva, A.M. Semejnoe pravo: aktual'nye problemy teorii i praktiki [Family Law: Current Issues of Theory and Practice] Moscow: Jurajt-Izdat, 2007. P. 27 (in Russian).
8. Ioffe, O.S. Sovetskoe grazhdanskoe pravo [Soviet civil law] Vol. 3. L., 1965. P. 194 (in Russian).
9. Voronina, Z.I. Semejnoe pravo. Uchebno-metodicheskij kompleks [Family Law. Educational and methodological complex]. Tyumen: Tjumenskij gosudarstvennyj universitet publ. 2003. P. 15 (in Russian).
10. Kosova, O.Ju. Semejnoe i nasledstvennoe pravo Rossii: Uchebnoe posobie [Family and Inheritance Law in Russia: Textbook] Moscow: Statut, 2001. P. 29 (in Russian).
11. Determination of the Board on Civil Cases of the Supreme Court on January 14, 2005, No. 12-B04-8. SPS Garant (in Russian)
12. Harchev, A.G. Brak i sem'ja v SSSR [Marriage and the family in the USSR]. Moscow, 1964.
P. 57 (in Russian).