Release:Vesntik TSU. law (#3). 2013
About the authors:Alena A. Mishunina, Dr. Sci. (Jur.), Professor, Department of Public Administration and Municipal Management, University of Tyumen; MishuninaAA@duma72.ru
Abstract:The article deals with the relevance of the work of deputies of representative bodies of state authorities with appeals of citizens and emphasizes that, not being members of the state system of free legal assistance, established by the Federal Law of November 21, 2011, No. 324-FZ «On free legal aid in the Russian Federation», the deputies annually consider treatment of the poor citizens, citizens from among children-orphans and children left without parental care, the citizens who have suffered from fires, that is, those to whom such assistance should be provided to by participants of the state system of free legal aid. The authors analyze in detail the legal institute of citizens' appeals to the bodies of state power and local self-government and disclose its legal nature and significance to the science of constitutional law. It is concluded that, in the implementation of the citizens' legal aid the work of deputies of the representative bodies of the authorities, counseling people on legal issues, is an integral part of the constitutional right of citizens to receive qualified legal assistance free of charge in accordance with the federal and regional laws. This work is an important element of representative functions of a collegial body of public authority, also for the purpose of receiving information from citizens about the quality and disadvantages of the legal aid by the state bodies and bodies of local self-government .It contributes to strengthening of the control on the part of the citizens over the activities of state bodies and bodies of local self-government and is an effective measure of anti-corruption activities, as it is a means of information interaction between the population and public authorities.
1. Federal Law of 21 November 2011 No. 324-FZ «On free legal aid in the Russian Federation». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 28.11.2011. No. 48. Art. 6725 (in Russian).
2. Decision of the Council under the Tyumen regional Duma to raise legal awareness and legal literacy of the people of the Tyumen Region, of 30 October 2012 No. 43 «O hode okazanija v Tjumenskoj oblasti besplatnoj juridicheskoj pomoshhi» [«On the process of the provision of free legal aid in the Tyumen Region» (Author's Archive) (in Russian)
3. Karaseva, M.V. Konstitucionnoe pravo grazhdan SSSR na obzhalovanie [The citizens of the USSR's constitutional right to appeal]. Voronezh, 1989. P. 10; Ljubimov, A.P. Grazhdanskij lobbizm: procedury i tehnologii obrashhenija grazhdan [Civic lobbying: procedures and technologies for citizens' appeals]. Moscow, 1998. P. 4; Dvorak, A.A. Realizacija konstitucionnogo prava grazhdan na obrashhenija v Rossijskoj Federacii: Diss. kand. [The implementation of the constitutional right to appeal in the Russian Federation. Cand. Diss.]. Moscow, 2004. P. 54; Shirobokov, P.A. Konstitucionnoe pravo cheloveka i grazhdanina na obrashhenija: Avtoref. diss. kand. [Constitutional human and civil right to appeal. Review of Cand. Diss.]. Ekaterinburg, 1999. P. 8 etc. (in Russian)
4. Tihomirov, Ju.A. Publichnoe pravo [Public right]. Moscow, 1995. P. 133 (in Russian).
5. Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Together with «Protocol No. 1» (signed in Paris 20 March 1952), Protocol No. 4. Securing certain rights and freedoms other than those already included in the Convention and its First Protocol (signed in Strasbourg 16 September 1963), Protocol No. 7 (signed in Strasbourg 22 November 1984). Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 2001. No. 2. Art. 163; Bulletin of International Treaties. 2001. No. 3 (in Russian).
6. P«On the Declaration of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen». Vedomosti Soveta narodnyh deputatov RSFSR i Verhovnogo soveta RSFSR— Sheets of Congress of People's Deputies of RSFSR and the Supreme Council of RSFSR. 1991. No. 52. Art. 1865 (in Russian).
7. Constitution of the Russian Federation (adopted by popular vote on 12 Dcember 1993) (as amended by the Law of the Russian Federation on amendments to the Constitution of 30 December 2008 No. 6-FKZ, of 30 December 2008 No. 7-FKZ). Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 2009. No. 4. Art. 445 (in Russian).
8. Federal Law of 2 May 2006 No. 59-FZ (ed. 27 July 2010, revised 18 July 2012) «O porjadke rassmotrenija obrashhenij grazhdan Rossijskoj Federacii» [«On the order of consideration of citizens of the Russian Federation's applications»]. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 2006. No. 19. Art. 2060 (in Russian).
9. Law of the Tyumen Region, of 27 June 1994 N 1 (ed. 7 June 2012 No. 50) «On the Deputy Status in the Tyumen Regional Duma». Vestnik Tjumenskoj oblastnoj Dumy — Bulletin of the Tyumen regional duma. 1994. No. 6 (in Russian).
10. Resolution of the Tyumen Regional Duma of 14 February 2008 No. 604 (ed. 28 June 2012) «On the Standing Order of the Tyumen Regional Duma». Vestnik Tjumenskoj oblastnoj Dumy — Bulletin of the Tyumen regional Special issue. 2008. No. 1 (in Russian).
11. Resolution of the Tyumen Regional Duma of 22.03.2012 No. 171 «O vnesenii izmenenij v Reglament Tjumenskoj oblastnoj Dumy» [«On Amendments to the Standing Order of the Tyumen Regional Duma»] (in Russian).
12. Informacionno-analiticheskij obzor po itogam raboty s obrashhenijami, postupivshimi v Tjumenskuju oblastnuju Dumu s 15 dekabrja 2011 goda po 30 ijunja 2012 goda [Information-analytical review of the work with the complaints received in the Tyumen regional Duma from 15 December 2011 until 30 June 2012]. Available at: http://www.duma72.ru/ru/citizens_claims/ (in Russian)