Release:Vesntik TSU. law (#3). 2013
About the author:Ivan S. Romantchuk,
Abstract:The object of research is the federal relations between modern states and the role of local self-government in this process. The objectives of research are consideration of questions of the perfect territorial division of the state; comparative analysis of federal and unitary forms of the organization of power; observation of shortcomings of the decentralized form of building a state; consideration of the essence of sovereignty in the territorial division of authority powers. Considering the essence of a federal and unitary state system, and also the role of autonomies and local self-government in distribution and use of authority powers the author comes to a conclusion that the federal state can and has to exist only when there is understanding of the government authority as only and indivisible neither according to territorial, nor to the national principles. The power of the subject of federation is not the same as the state power as does not possess a necessary feature – the sovereignty (supremacy). The local self-government is helpful institute in the structure of the federal state constructed according to the principle of the strong centralized power. Presently in the Russian Federation the local self-government is absent in its essence.
1. Kandrina, N.A. Declaration on the state sovereignty of RSFSR and renovation of the basics of organization of powers in the post-soviet Russia. Suverennaja rossijskaja gosudarstvennost' na rubezhe XX-XXI vv. [Collected works of a inter-regional scientific theoretical and practical seminar, devoted to the 20 years anniversary of the Declaration on the state sovereignty of RSFSR «Sovereign Russian statesmanship on the border of XX-XXI centuries» (Barnaul, 21 May 2010)]. Ed. by V.V. Nevinskij. Barnaul, 2010. P. 51-55 (in Russian).
2. Alekseev, N. Sovremennoe polozhenie nauki o gosudarstve i ee blizhajshie zadachi / Russkij narod i gosudarstvo [Modern status of the science of state and its nearest tasks / Russian people and the state]. Moscow, 1998. 635 p. (in Russian)
3. Grachev, N.I. Sovereignty as a phenomenon of the supreme power. Vestnik SGAP — Bulletin SGAP. 2006. No. 3 (52). P. 15-23 (in Russian).
4. Grachev, N.I. Proishozhdenie suvereniteta: Verhovnaja vlast' v mirovozzrenii i praktike gosudarstvennogo stroitel'stva tradicionnogo obshhestva [Origin of the sovereignty: supreme power in the worldview and practice of the state construction of a traditional society]. Monograph. Moscow, 2009. 320 p. (in Russian)
5. Omel'chenko, O.A. Vseobshhaja istorija gosudarstva i prava [World history of state and law]. In
2 volumes. Vol. 1. Moscow: TON-PRIOR, 1999. 511 p. (in Russian)
6. Tihomirov, L.A. Monarhicheskaja gosudarstvennost' [Monarchic statesmanship]. Saint-Petersburg, 1992. 674 p. (in Russian)
7. Chicherin, B.N. Obshhegosudarstvennoe pravo [Nation-wide law]. Moscow: Zercalo, 2006. 536 p. (in Russian)
8. Kozhev, A. Ponjatie Vlasti [Concept of power]. Moscow: Praksis, 2006. 192 p. (in Russian)
9. Alain. Politique. Presses Universitaires de France. Paris, 1962. 335 p.
10. Smishhenko, R.S. Problems of national territorial organization of the Russian Federation in 1990s. Suverennaja rossijskaja gosudarstvennost' na rubezhe XX-XXI vv. Sb. m-lov mezhregion. nauch.-praktich. seminara, posvjashhennogo 20-letiju Deklaracii o gosudarstvennom suverenitete RSFSR (Barnaul, 21 maja 2010 g.) («Sovereign Russian statesmanship on the border of XX-XXI centuries» Collected works of a inter-regional scientific theoretical and practical seminar, devoted to the 20 years anniversary of the Declaration on the state sovereignty of RSFSR (Barnaul, 21 May 2010)). Ed. by V.V. Nevinskij. Barnaul, 2010. P. 120-122 (in Russian).
11. Chirkin, V.E. Zakonodatel'naja vlast' [Legislative power]. Moscow: Norma: INFRA-M, 2010. 335 p. (in Russian)
12. Habrieva, T.Ja., Chirkin, V.E. Teorija sovremennoj konstitucii [Theory of modern constitution]. M.: Norma, 2005. 319 p. (in Russian)
13. Decree of the Constitutional Court of RF, of 7 June 2000. No. 10-П «On the case of review concerning the constitutionality of separate provisions of the Consituition of the Altay Pepublic and the Federal Law «On the general principles of organization of legislative (representative) bodies of state power of the subjects of the Russian Federation». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of Russian Federation. 2000. No. 25. Art. 2728 (in Russian).
14. Definition of the Constitutional Court of RF, of 19 April 2001. No. 65-O «According to the petition of the plenipotentiary representative of the President of the Russian Federation in Volga Federal District about the official explanation of definition of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation of June 27, 2000 on the inquiry of group of deputies of the State Duma about conformity between the Constitution of the Russian Federation and provisions of the constitutions of the Republic of Adygeja, the Republic of Bashkortostan, the Republic of Ingushetia, the Republic of Komi, the Republic of Northern Ossetia-Alaniya and the Republic of Tatarstan». Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii — Collection of the Legislative Acts of Russian Federation. 2000. 2001. No. 20. Art. 2059 (in Russian).
15. Ellinek, G. Obshhee uchenie o gosudarstve [General studies of state]. Saint-Petersburg: Juridicheskij centr Press, 2004. 752 p. (in Russian)
16. Zinov'ev, A.V., Poljashova, I.S. Osnovy konstitucionnogo prava Rossii [Basics of the constitutional law of Russia]. Teacher's manual. Saint-Petersburg: Gerda, 2002. 320 p. (in Russian)